slightly longer reach brakes as standard

20/24/28/32 hubs (in silver and black)

better charging plug ends for EPS

smaller EPS battery to fit in 27.2 seat post

open source programming for EPS
Old 08-25-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk007 View Post
They haven't changed the width of the basic alloy - zonda, eurus, neutron, shamal, have they?
The new fulcrum 5 lg is 23mm. I'm guessing we will see more follow.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:09 PM
Vendor

A 44 or 46 outer to go with the 36 is my only wish. I'd race chorus in a heartbeat.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
The new fulcrum 5 lg is 23mm. I'm guessing we will see more follow.
Internal width is what matters. And wider tubulars don't make all that much sense to me but I'm sure they're fine.

Campagnolo makes killer wheels. My Nucleons are the better part of a decade old at this point, get used a lot and when I lived in Grand Rapids, got used hard and often, and they are in great shape. They pretty much are hard to kill and they set the standard for wheel feel for me at least.

I'd love to see a new Neutron tubular but I guess they want us to buy the Bora 35 or Hyperon, both of which look fantastic too.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Internal width is what matters.
I don't disagree but I've not seen an internal measurement.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:40 AM

Disc Brakes That Are Fawned Over As Much As Their Hubs

From afar it's funny to see how so many romanticise Campganolo, the company. Hey, they got bills to pay and they will follow market trends and ride upon bandwagons to pay them.
Moving some production of the country, producing a disc brake system and giving special preview of said system is a hail marry to keep the company solvent and get on that OEM money stream. And I say good on 'em for it. Disc brakes will be in the Pro peleton, on television, in the magazines, online and in the stores. Campy needs to be in all of those places.

My wish for Campy 2016? Bike makers have recently partnered with the auto makers for R&D and hype. Specialzed partnered with McLaren and Pinarello with Jaguar. I would like to see Campy partner with Brembo to make hydro disc brakes. Brembo makes automotive and motorcycle performance brakes and they are Italian to boot. The focal point would of course be the calipers. Campy and Brembo would make a beautiful caliper.
For Super Record the carbon calipers would be Ferrari Red with black lettering.
For Record the carbon calipers would be black with red/white lettering.
For Chorus the carbon calipers would be black with white lettering.
For Athena the aluminum calipers would be polished with black/white lettering.

I like the wheels Campy has now except for the G3 lacing pattern on some models. Seems like the sweet spot for versatile carbon aero'ish wheels is 38 to 44mm, so my wish is for them to bring that without the G3 spoke pattern.

For groupsets, the EPS system has had great reviews. The only way to improve on it would be to get rid of the wires and go wireless. It's a wish list, right? So, I would like to see wiresless shifiting.

Last edited by Burnette; 08-26-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
From afar it's funny to see how so many romanticise Campganolo, the company. Hey, they got bills to pay and they will follow market trends and ride upon bandwagons to pay them.
Moving some production of the country, producing a disc brake system and giving special preview of said system is a hail marry to keep the company solvent and get on that OEM money stream. And I say good on 'em for it. Disc brakes will be in the Pro peleton, on television, in the magazines, online and in the stores. Campy needs to be in all of those places.

My wish for Campy 2016? Bike makers have recently partnered with the auto makers for R&D and hype. Specialzed partnered with McLaren and Pinarello with Jaguar. I would like to see Campy partner with Brembo to make hydro disc brakes. Brembo makes automotive and motorcycle performance brakes and they are Italian to boot. The focal point would of course be the calipers. Campy and Brembo would make a beautiful caliper.
For Super Record the carbon calipers would be Ferrari Red with black lettering.
For Record the carbon calipers would be black with red/white lettering.
For Chorus the carbon calipers would be black with white lettering.
For Athena the aluminum calipers would be polished with black/white lettering.

I like the wheels Campy has now except for the G3 lacing pattern on some models. Seems like the sweet spot for versatile carbon aero'ish wheels is 38 to 44mm, so my wish is for them to bring that without the G3 spoke pattern.

For groupsets, the EPS system has had great reviews. The only way to improve on it would be to get rid of the wires and go wireless. It's a wish list, right? So, I would like to see wiresless shifiting.
PelOton please.

Wireless does nothing to make EPS or Di2 more reliable, better in any way. 4 batteries? Saw that spam charging station only holds one battery at a time(huh?) and levers use throw away watch batteries.

Frames are already internal and both now. You won't see frames W/O any holes.

Discs are coming, Campagnolo will have them, for good or ill. My guess with Formula, another Italian company who has already made/makes bike wet disc brakes.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:14 AM

Hey, It's My Wish List

All post don't require a rebuke, especially when it's a "wish list".
Opinions other than yours will vary. Let it be.
I got to try Campy at a local bike shop and found that I like the hoods better than Shimano. Shift buttons on the EPS Athena felt natural. If buying today I would get that groupset.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
All post don't require a rebuke, especially when it's a "wish list".
Opinions other than yours will vary. Let it be.
I got to try Campy at a local bike shop and found that I like the hoods better than Shimano. Shift buttons on the EPS Athena felt natural. If buying today I would get that groupset.
Discussion group, not an argument or a 'rebuke', just discussing, imho. Yes, my opinion.

Discuss why you would like wireless....or don't. MaxNix.

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 08-26-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 AM

Push For Inner Growth

I think there is more value in you in your experience sharing than in opinion battling.
You and many others here may be a good source for information for me when I have a frame built and need to buy kit to build it, no need for it to get awkward now.
My last wish is that Campy does grow beyond the fervent fanbase that is emotionally tied to it and that it becomes more common at shops everywhere.
There is only one shop around here that has a mech that has history, knowledge and enthusiasm about Campy.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:21 AM
Proud Grandpa

[QUOTE=Burnette;1813698]I think there is more value in you in your experience sharing than in opinion battling.
You and many others here may be a good source for information for me when I have a frame built and need to buy kit to build it, no need for it to get awkward now.
My last wish is that Campy does grow beyond the fervent fanbase that is emotionally tied to it and that it becomes more common at shops everywhere.
There is only one shop around here that has a mech that has history, knowledge and enthusiasm about Campy.[/QUOTE

Hm, thought I was sharing my experience with electronic shifting but...not trying to 'battle' anybody.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:45 AM

Post any info or links as it comes available

11 speed veloce

new lighter weight Record
Old 08-26-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana_e View Post
11 speed veloce

new lighter weight Record
I don't think the world actually needs both Veloce and Centaur. Are both still around?

I think Campagnolo might do OK to reduce their lineup actually and yes, make it all 11-speed.

Maybe they only need 4 levels: Veloce/Athena/Chorus/Super Record. And simplify the wheel offerings.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM
aka RAEKWON

I would say they dont need veloce. Who is buying veloce anyways?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I would say they dont need veloce. Who is buying veloce anyways?
I know some Veloce users and I think they use like it because they report it works just as well as the higher end groups. As a user of some Centaur stuff I believe this. I think many people get it to keep 10-speed groups going.

I think it's good if they keep making 10-speed replacement stuff like cassettes and even some shifters.

Tags
campagnolo, eurobike 2015