Old 05-23-2016, 10:30 PM
aka Terry Keele

i have one of these

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...3&d=1410370861
Old 05-25-2016, 09:55 PM

OT: Tent for 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy sti View Post

This is from a few years ago but I love this pic.

Great photo! Makes me want to throw my REI Kingdom tent in my truck and head out for the weekend.

We have a Kingdom 6. Great for two adults and two kids. No way it fits 6. Size up two peeps for comfort in a car camping tent. The extra space is nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
I am employed as Marmot tech sales rep, we are smaller in annual sales then many other outdoor equipment companies however there are plenty of reasons why we sell more tents then any one else in the world.
Love all my Marmot gear. Just replaced my 6 year old Preclip rain jacket (which put up with with A LOT of abuse before finally giving up the ghost earlier this year). Found a new w/ tag demo model Artemis that I got for a steal at one of the shops in Denver during my last trip to Colorado. Light, flexible, great breathability - you guys know what you are doing when it comes to waterproof fabrics.

Also have several vests, zip up layers, and shirts between my wife and I. Great products.

Last edited by batman1425; 05-26-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:14 AM

I have to agree on everyone's comments about Marmot and quality. I don't do as much mountain climbing or hiking like I used to but of all the stuff I have ever tried Marmot has been the best. I still have a jacket I bought around 1995 and it's in terrible shape but still functional. It's expensive up front but ends up being inexpensive in the end. Glad to hear that they still make good stuff after all these years.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:17 AM

May be overkill...

but we have the REI Kingdom 8 that we use for car-camping with our kid.

While it says "8", that is a bit generous. We can COMFORTABLY fit a queen air mattress and a single air mattress in the main compartment, with a nice aisle in between for access. What we love about the Kingdom 8 is that it has a "vestibule", where we set up a little table and our bags. It's also a nice place to put a little chair and towels so that you can do a quick clean before you get into the "bedroom". We love it, and sure, it's not for hiking into the bush, but for camping around here on a campsite, it's the bomb. Do people still say that? Also, the additional option, the "garage", we understand is super handy for storing bikes under, etc., but we usually just keep those in our van anyways.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:36 PM
not banished

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4racer View Post
but we have the REI Kingdom 8 that we use for car-camping with our kid.

Man, I just checked out that tent - looks wicked nice and it's on sale. My mother in-law is here this weekend. I might just get that tent and crash in the back yard - that thing is awesome.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylifut View Post
We would crush my Honda Fit
Old 05-26-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
We are lazy people and occasional camper at best, so we went ahead and got the Coleman "Instant" Tent. You literally throw that thing on the ground and it pop up and all ready to go in 2 minutes or less.

We got the four-person and the six-person version. It's a bit small so I would suggest getting the "six" to fit 4 people if you were going to go this route.

The picture shows two people setting it up but you can certainly do it all by yourself without another helper. It's that easy.
We actually looked at one if these but he tent folded took up too much car space.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velomonkey View Post
Man, I just checked out that tent - looks wicked nice and it's on sale. My mother in-law is here this weekend. I might just get that tent and crash in the back yard - that thing is awesome.

I have looked at this and the base camp. The base camp seems to review better.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:57 PM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
We actually looked at one if these but he tent folded took up too much car space.
I hear you. It's a compromise.