Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2017, 08:47 PM

They are very long in the small to medium sizes and they spec short stems. I suspect it is to reduce weight in the front end, maybe the fork works better that way? Also, the relatively lax seat tube angle effectively shortens the TT (still long though)...
Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 PM

Am I mis-reading the geo chart, or is the only thing different between the "short" and "long" version in each size the length of the stem? It looks as if there are three frame sizes, and two stem lengths per size.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:34 PM

Lightbulb

Yup, that was my conclusion as well. Interesting that these things are from Iceland...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
Am I mis-reading the geo chart, or is the only thing different between the "short" and "long" version in each size the length of the stem? It looks as if there are three frame sizes, and two stem lengths per size.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
I was wondering that as well. Reminds me of Giant, when they had 3 sizes. Giant could have avoided all the (well-deserved) criticism by ... selling two stem sizes per frame.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 PM
DELETE ACCNT

My friend has the Lauf fork on his 29er. It's good.
I think Lauf will find their niche with gravel and cx bikes, as well as 29er hardtails. It's the perfect application for it.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:39 PM

The aesthetics of these forks is growing on me and it seems like folks in general are pleased with them. This new one seems like a step in the right direction.

The frame is interesting, but I'm actually pretty disappointed by the sizing (which I should be used to now in general for the bike industry coming from a 5'4" guy...). A small with a 52 seat tube and a 55 top tube? They recommend this size for someone between 5'3" to 5'5"...seems a bit optimistic.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasadena View Post
My friend has the Lauf fork on his 29er. It's good.
I think Lauf will find their niche with gravel and cx bikes, as well as 29er hardtails. It's the perfect application for it.
I really like the idea of getting the Boost version for my titanium hardtail.