Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2017, 04:18 PM

It's great that Jeff Bock is driving out from Iowa for the show. His work is stunning. I've seen lots of really beautiful bikes in the last 40 years, none more beautiful than Jeff's. Really first rate stuff.

I can't go to the show, but if someone would take pictures and post them, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:00 AM

Please share pics if you take any. Especially from Jeff Lyon's booth! Thanks
Old 08-11-2017, 10:31 PM

Anybody hear if there will be special bike parking or a valet system? Not wanting to leave a nice one outside and I didn't see any info..
Old 08-14-2017, 10:15 AM

anyone go? Was Jeff Lyon there? Want some pics!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:04 PM

Well, that was quite a fun show for me. Don't think I met any paceliners unfortunately but had some great conversations with a bunch of folks. Also, Jeff Lyon wasn't able to make it which was too bad.

The big highlight for me was getting some really encouraging and insightful feedback on my work from Mark Dinucci and Jeff Bock. How often do you get a chance like that? Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year's show!

P.S. I brought my camera but was too busy to take any pics. I know there are some on IG (#oregonhandmadebikeshow) and Handbuilt Bicycle Guide's website. Hopefully some more will pop up in the coming days.

Last edited by Pi Guy; 08-14-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Guy View Post
Well, that was quite a fun show for me. Don't think I met any paceliners unfortunately but had some great conversations with a bunch of folks. Also, Jeff Lyon wasn't able to make it which was too bad.

The big highlight for me was getting some really encouraging and insightful feedback on my work from Mark Dinucci and Jeff Bock. How often do you get a chance like that? Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year's show!

P.S. I brought my camera but was too busy to take any pics. I know there are some on IG (#oregonhandmadebikeshow) and Handbuilt Bicycle Guide's website. Hopefully some more will pop up in the coming days.
Thanks for the quick report, and sorry we did not make it up!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:49 PM

I've gone the last couple years but forgot it was coming up. At least I got some nice rides in.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:00 PM

I went, but didn't know who else was going. I was bummed Lyon wasn't there, but I had some fun conversations with other builders. My favorite was probably Mahall Bikeworks http://www.mahallbikeworks.com. Nothing crazy fancy, just solid thought-out builds and some nice personal touches.

I rode the Keith Anderson over there too. Very smooth and well-mannered. It's on the bubble given I'm keeping the Yamaguchi, but I'm not going to kick it out straight away. If I build it up, it'll be a modern build with Thomson, a stem adapter, probably black 105 or Force22, and some black wheels - white saddle/tape to set it off. More on that at some point in the gallery post...