Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-11-2017, 10:36 AM

Clement BOS

So #crossiscoming#crossishere#crossisboss#insertanoth ercxhashtag

Wondering if anyone had any experience on the clement BOS, there isn't too much reviewed about them yet.

thanks!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM

I'm interested in this tire also. This year, I'll probably be running a WTB Nano for dry races, but want something tubeless with better mudclearing for any wet races.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Imshi Cycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbadge View Post
I'm interested in this tire also. This year, I'll probably be running a WTB Nano for dry races, but want something tubeless with better mudclearing for any wet races.
just curious...whats the thinking behind a 40c tire with a nano tread for dry conditions?

ive ridden nanos quite a bit, raced em in the D R Y myself, but only because i had no other options at the time haha
i would hardly say they were the ideal tire for it, felt heavy and slow/overkill.

if you like larger tire volume but dont want to sacrifice as much speed...check out panaracer comet hard pack in 38c, or something with a similarly shallow/many knobbed design.
ive found these tires/treads to roll quite fast on a variety of surfaces without giving up traction/grip in corners.

as for the BOS...looks cool, but those knobs are a LOT of rubber, ie heavyyyyy, way more tread than anyone will need unless you are racing in the MUDDD every single weekend.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post
just curious...whats the thinking behind a 40c tire with a nano tread for dry conditions?

ive ridden nanos quite a bit, raced em in the D R Y myself, but only because i had no other options at the time haha
i would hardly say they were the ideal tire for it, felt heavy and slow/overkill.

if you like larger tire volume but dont want to sacrifice as much speed...check out panaracer comet hard pack in 38c, or something with a similarly shallow/many knobbed design.
ive found these tires/treads to roll quite fast on a variety of surfaces without giving up traction/grip in corners.

as for the BOS...looks cool, but those knobs are a LOT of rubber, ie heavyyyyy, way more tread than anyone will need unless you are racing in the MUDDD every single weekend.
I'm heavy and bad at cyclocross and I want to bulldoze things? Cat 6 supreme

Also I pretty much only rode gravel the first couple years I was a cyclist, and only on those tires, so I've probably ridden them more than any other tread combined, on and off road. A definite confidence booster.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBAUMANN View Post
more float through huge sandpits?