Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Thumbs down Trackr

Warning, this is a rant...

I had a bike stolen out of my garage in October 2015. So, last October I decided to order some Trackrs and install them on the bikes I have left.
https://www.thetrackr.com/

I placed an order for a "Buy 3, Get Two Free" deal but when I hit the button to submit the order, it just went to a blank screen. No confirmation screen, no confirmation e-mail.

So, I tried again. Same thing.

Tried the next day. Same thing. Finally the order was placed and I got a confirmation e-mail.

Except that two days later, I got billed for five orders on my credit card. Crap!

I tried calling the number for them on my credit card statement but it just referred me to their customer support screen on their website and their webchat service. I tried the webchat service but it was not working.
So, I called my bank and told them that I was overbilled for the Trackr I ordered.

They removed the extra charges but a few weeks later I realized that I was not overbilled when I started receiving each of the five orders. Ugh.
Meanwhile, my bank contacted Trackr and found out they actually shipped the merchandise, so the money went back onto my card. $500!

I kept one package and started sending the others back, marked "REFUSED."

Now, I have sent four of them back and they have refunded me the price of two of them. I think a third is in the works (I hope). I have been going back and forth via e-mail about the fourth one - of which I have no proof that I sent it back because I just marked it "REFUSED" and put it in the mailbox.

So, long story short, do not order from this company. Their web order form doesn't work very well and their customer service stinks.