Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 06:23 PM

OT: The Mad Pooper of Colorado Springs

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ngs/682146001/

Quote:
Her kids saw it first: A woman, pants around ankles, defecating before the Budde family's Colorado Springs home.

Then it happened again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Each week brings a fresh pile of excrement to the sidewalk in front of Cathy Budde's home, she told local station KKTV — at least seven so far.

Budde calls her "The Mad Pooper." Police remain baffled. The family feels helpless to stop her.

"I came outside, and I was like ... 'Are you serious?'" Budde said of the time she caught the woman, a jogger, in the act. "'Are you really taking a poop right here in front of my kids?' She's like, 'Yeah, sorry!'"

Then the woman jogged away. She leaves only confusion, and also the paper towels that she wipes with.

Even in a world wrought with senseless violence, the Mad Pooper's antics astonish. There's a portable toilet at nearby John Venezia Community Park. A gas station not far from that.

So then why? Why the Budde family? And why now?

These questions haunt Colorado Springs residents, and the officers sworn to protect them.

"For someone to repeatedly do such a thing ... it's uncharted territory for me," Sgt. Johnathan Sharketti of the Colorado Springs Police Department told KKTV.

What's worse: The crimes may have no pattern.

The Mad Pooper left her calling card at a Walgreens and backyards in the area, according to Deadspin, which confirmed the story with local police.

The woman could face charges of indecent exposure and public defecation for indecently exposing herself and publicly defecating, police told KKTV.
Gross. Nothing makes me more angry than poop where it shouldn't be! Anybody who runs can probably relate... but this seems premeditated?? So bizarre. Feel free to reply with a poop story of your own!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesiJezi View Post
Nothing makes me more angry than poop where it shouldn't be!
Yeah, totally bizarre, but most people in the US don't realize how good we have it with regards to pooping. Case in point: India, where roughly half the population goes out in the fields to poop. Meanwhile, I was kind of shocked when visiting Argentina to find that the toilets can't handle paper, so your poop-covered TP goes in the trashcan next to the toilet.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:29 PM

I would think she a bit disturbed.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Probably a triathlete.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Or just bad timing.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:48 PM

Yep, there's a problem there, one that goes deeper than unsightly poop.

Unfortunately, I have a somewhat similar story, at least related: My new commute, beginning last August, takes me along the Springwater Corridor bike path for several miles. There used to be a lot of homeless camps along there, but police have mostly moved them out. Of course, that came with occasional poop along the trail. However, even after the campers were no longer living there, there was one spot that regularly had a poop pile, which I usually noticed and wondered about. One day, while riding with another rider who has taken that route for years, he told me that poop has been appearing in that same spot for at least two years by his recollection.

It's mind-boggling.

I'm a teacher, so I just resumed my commute about a month ago, and now that I think about it, I have not seen that poop pile this fall...yet.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:56 PM

You guys should check out downtown San Francisco, you think one renegade pooper is bad. If I had a dime for every human turd I saw on the ground I'd probably have an extra 2-300 a month
Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Probably a triathlete.
Funny you should say that--the first thing I did when I saw this story on my newsfeed was to head over to Slowtwitch (triathlon forum) because I knew there would be a post about it full of snarky triathlete humor... And there was!
Old 09-21-2017, 05:15 AM

Since the OP asked for pooping stories here's one: every time the annual Oregon 'Hood to Coast' is run , there are articles in the paper about runners pooping in people's yards and the angry yard owners who have to deal with it.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Probably a triathlete.
When I worked in a local bike shop "triathletes" would bring in their bikes for us to clean post race...lots of yellow but I never saw brown.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesiJezi View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ngs/682146001/
Feel free to reply with a poop story of your own!
During lock downs at the prison I had to do cell study with my inmates. There was an inmate next to a student cell that made gumby characters from his poop.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:26 PM

This may be more troubling than it seems.

In my last job we had this situation with a woman doing this in one of the lady's rooms by not using the facilities in the usual manner shall we say.

We called in all kinds of people to track it down...private investigators and so on.

One of the professionals we called said that it is often a sign of someone who is abused and is quite often an adult child who is still abused by a parent.

In the case I was dealing with, a cleaning person was in the bathroom when the person did it and we stopped it. But sadly, we learned that the advice we had gotten was true and our employee was still being abused at the age of 31 and couldn't break the cycle.

Needless to say, we took care of that as best we could by providing support systems and so on. I don't know the outcome for the person because that would have been inappropriate for me to know and even more inappropriate to share here.

I can only hope that in this particular case, that is not what is going on and it is just some of the other things that have been said or surmised.

Last edited by htwoopup; 09-22-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:47 AM

Wow. Thank you for the insightful and sobering post--I wouldn't have guessed that could be the issue.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Probably a triathlete.
Pfffffttttt....ha ha ha...you owe me one keyboard!
Old 09-26-2017, 01:38 PM

latest development

In short, incontinence due to gender reassignment surgery.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/26...clear-air.html