Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcroslin View Post
here we go.... the weekly paceline 2 min's of hate.
Whassamattaforyou? This is becoming a refrain with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter P. View Post
Those girls couldn't even perform a decent pushup.
Peter P. nails the critique.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:09 PM

Not heroic just because it's on video.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Old, Fat & Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
You've never driven in LA, have you?
This

Motorcycles lane share all the time in SoCal. Its nothing new. What's 'new' is are the cyclsts doing it.

I know I've been on the moto sharing lanes thru San Diego and LA thinking that its a shame bicycles can't ride here too 'cause they'd be just about as fast as I am getting thru traffic. Its only when things speed up that the cyclists would have issues.

Y'all from elsewhere really don't have much of a clue about LA traffic. The trip back from San Fran on my new-to-me KTM 640A put me in LA at 11-12 at night.

Gridlock as far as I could see. ...So I jumped in the 'moto lane' between 1 and 2 and continued on my merry way. Passed many many cars stuck in traffic that night lemme tell ya!

M
Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
Whassamattaforyou? This is becoming a refrain with you.
Because these threads are predictable and boring. Someone posts some outrageous video, story, photo of cyclists doing dumb things and then sits back and waits for the hate to come seething through the keyboards.

Look, we all get that there are people out there who do dumb things and some of them are cyclists so why the daily reminders? This board and it's participants is at its best when it's CELEBRATING cycling. What difference does posting this video make to anyone here other than to raise the blood pressure of a group of grouchy old guy's?
Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Because these threads are predictable and boring. Someone posts some outrageous video, story, photo of cyclists doing dumb things and then sits back and waits for the hate to come seething through the keyboards.

Look, we all get that there are people out there who do dumb things and some of them are cyclists so why the daily reminders? This board and it's participants is at its best when it's CELEBRATING cycling. What difference does posting this video make to anyone here other than to raise the blood pressure of a group of grouchy old guy's?

All true, but then again, people post links to news stories of another cyclist being mowed down.

Oh yeah, we know, it happens all the time, sometimes they're so painful to read I really don't wanna.

My best advice, as always, is 'don't click that button'.

Oh, and as a poor response, I'd say we all occasionally need a reminder of how badly people can behave. These guys are dickheads, pure and simple, but unlike some, I don't wish ill will upon them. Maybe just maybe one or two of them will read this thread and think 'Yeah, I'm being a dickhead'.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:59 PM

Go play on the freeway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee View Post
This

Motorcycles lane share all the time in SoCal. Its nothing new. What's 'new' is are the cyclsts doing it.

I know I've been on the moto sharing lanes thru San Diego and LA thinking that its a shame bicycles can't ride here too 'cause they'd be just about as fast as I am getting thru traffic. Its only when things speed up that the cyclists would have issues.

Y'all from elsewhere really don't have much of a clue about LA traffic. The trip back from San Fran on my new-to-me KTM 640A put me in LA at 11-12 at night.

Gridlock as far as I could see. ...So I jumped in the 'moto lane' between 1 and 2 and continued on my merry way. Passed many many cars stuck in traffic that night lemme tell ya!

M

Goes quite a bit beyond simple
lane sharing.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 PM

Go play on the freeway

Quote:

Difference? Well its now in front of the pres of the company who has placed their name and logo upon a jersey worn by one of these tools.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:

I do not get your assertion that the reaction represents self-loathing. I sometimes feel vulnerable when I ride, and that irresponsible cyclists give us all a bad name, but I don't hate myself for it.

I posted it because I thought it was so far outside my own experience, and perhaps that of others, that it was worth seeing what kind of bat-s**t crazy stuff the kids are up to these days. Who would be so crazy to ride on the freeway and then document it, with their own names in the vid?

I think it's interesting to see what people are doing on bikes, good and bad. The Wolfpack Hustle (some of the participants in the video) is the same group that used to organize a clandestine predawn ride on the route of the LA Marathon, before the race started; it's much like the one in Boston. A year or two ago they got the race organizers and the cops to allow them to ride it legitimately.

Oh, and get off my lawn.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 PM
not banished

So after watching these 'guys' do pushups and then having to hear that god awful music coupled with the atrocious edits my only question would be. . . . .

Does this ride ever go fast?????

BOOM goes the dynamite!!!!!!

Last edited by velomonkey; 10-23-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Won Yong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vientomas View Post
1st: http://wolfpackhustle.com/track-team-a/

2nd: http://www.unknownbikes.com/tony/

3rd: https://www.purefixcycles.com/pages/pure-fix-team

In my opinion, the behavior of these guys is a disservice to the cycling industry and to cyclists in general. As a responsible cyclist, I would hate for someone to ascribe their behaviors to me and other responsible cyclists. The lengths that the cycling community as a whole undertakes to project an image of lawful and responsible sharing of the roads is totally undermined by these fools. I imagine that every driver who witnessed their ridiculous acts now hates cyclists. Nice going guys.

1st guy, willow didn't take the freeway. you should delete him in the list.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Boeuf Chaîne

Whatever.

Doesn't look like a terribly fun place to ride, with or without the traffic; but then I doubt anyone would bother watching if I posted a video of me dragging my sorry a$$ around the much nicer roads I typically ride.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:01 AM

What a bunch of douchebags. All of them rode Shimano. No excuse for that.

Seriously though, it seems to me that what we have here is a few roadies trying to be hipster, or vice versa. Still a douchery thing to douche!
Old 10-24-2014, 12:08 PM

I'm not sure if the reason they chose that music is because it's copyright free?? The music does give the impression that they are going very fast but how fast are they really going??? Either way the music sucks.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:09 PM

well if they want to use the highway they should be part of traffic. pass on the left, change lanes, wave when you pass motorist. this guy does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7_Fq56g2c

Last edited by marinoni62; 10-24-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinoni62 View Post
well if they want to use the highway they should be part of traffic. pass on the left, change lanes, wave when you pass motorist. this guy does
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO7_Fq56g2c
At least the music is better in this one, I don't really have a problem with this as much as with the other video.

Stupid? yes but not really endangering anyone else except his crazy self.