Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
almost too good to be true based on what I paid at the end of last year with a buttload of incentives. I hope they are true for you.

Keep us curious ones posted on how you do.
If the Consumer Reports agreement they have going with the dealers works the way they claim, I have my offers printed out on a bar code, and I just have to show up with my printed, agreed upon price in hand and the dealer is supposed to honor it. Will update, especially since I plan to take it into my local dealer (who will be executing the buyback) first and see if they'll match.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:05 AM

Buyback scheduled for December 9! Now I just need to lock down a car.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisroph View Post
I loaded all my documents the day the Judge finally approved the settlement. All I've heard is that VW is evaluating my submittals. I'd like to set an appointment and get out of my TDI. I already bought a golf R as a replacement.
You will love the R - if you haven't taken delivery yet and don't already love it. DSG or MT? I'm loving the crap out of my '16 MT, DAP, NAV.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:57 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vw-reache...165340336.html

fix/buyback of 3.0 TDIs
Old 11-17-2016, 08:34 AM

Scanned and returned my offer yesterday and had it approved same day. Available appointments are the end of December. Still haven't picked my next vehicle, so not rushing.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
You will love the R - if you haven't taken delivery yet and don't already love it. DSG or MT? I'm loving the crap out of my '16 MT, DAP, NAV.
It's a '17 no DAP manual in LSG. I picked it up at invoice at Boise VW about 5 weeks ago. I flew in and drove it back to Portland on back roads with a stop in Bend.

I do love it. It's comfortable and practical with amazing grip, dynamics and power. It's a capable real world vehicle. I've owned quite a few performance German cars (including a 2004 GT3) but this is my favorite of the lot.

What I found lacking was the clutch action and vagueness in the shifter. I ameliorated the issues by pulling the spring attached to the clutch pedal that is supposed to ease the pedal effort, removing the clutch delay valve from the clutch bleeder block, and installing a dieselgeek short shifter. The car shifts very well now.

My Passat tdi is on loan to my son but I'm really looking forward to turning it back to VW.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:46 AM

I won't hold my breath for this engine to appear in a SportWagen equivalent, but a guy can hope. Were any of the TDI blocks all aluminum?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthu...I?ocid=U145DHP
Old 11-19-2016, 06:34 AM
Proud Grandpa

Just got my offer

I like the ability to change your mind anytime before the check is handed over. Still looking at a gasser GSW/SE..for no $..BUT I want to know more about the 'fix'...I understand that I can get the fix and if I don't like it, can then do the buy back..2013 JSW TDI is what I have.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:05 AM

I am still waiting on an offer, my docs were approved on 11/1. My understanding is that is that in order to be compliant VW has up to business 20 days to complete this segment of the process. They get 10 to review your docs and 10 to prepare your offer, clock officially started ticking November first. Because the docs are approved doesn't mean that they still don't get the time and nothing is late until December 2nd

Side note here, according to the buyback chart on the tdi forum, no one with a lease or a bank note one their tdi has received an offer. Everyone this far has owned their vehicle outright. FWIW, I'm thru VW credit.

The bumblestilskins on the phone that are handling everything are completely useless. They'll do whatever it takes to get you off the phone and provide scant if any info. The legal team that ran the ball is your best bet for information, they can be reached at: info@vwclasscounsel.com

For some interesting reading:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99

VW will probably lose another shipload of money thru the bungling currently going on.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM

docs were approved for both my cars as of this morning (1 2 days ago, 1 today). There's a 2013 Q7 TDI at the ford dealer nearby, so if my offers come through before that gets sold, that's what I'm replacing my cars with. If not, I'm not sure what I'm doing next.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:38 PM

Something else I discovered today

Dealers in non-metro areas are more likely than not to have the VW buy-back ambassador on site for 1 day a week with that individual scheduling 8 appointments per day. Metro areas will get a bit more service

I also heard that the first person that I actually know that had an appointment for a buyback (on Nov. 25) had the VW rep call him up and attempt to re-schedule as VW did not have $ or the financial transfer ability in place

Buckle up buckaroos, this is going to get odd. VW will not be able to fulfill their end of the agreement IMHO
Old 11-19-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
I like the ability to change your mind anytime before the check is handed over. Still looking at a gasser GSW/SE..for no $..BUT I want to know more about the 'fix'...I understand that I can get the fix and if I don't like it, can then do the buy back..2013 JSW TDI is what I have.
That is not correct. If you take the fix and the reparation money, you cannot change your mind and do the buyback. The only way you can is if you can prove a Lemon Law violation. You can always sell it on your own though.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Something else I discovered today

Dealers in non-metro areas are more likely than not to have the VW buy-back ambassador on site for 1 day a week with that individual scheduling 8 appointments per day. Metro areas will get a bit more service

I also heard that the first person that I actually know that had an appointment for a buyback (on Nov. 25) had the VW rep call him up and attempt to re-schedule as VW did not have $ or the financial transfer ability in place

Buckle up buckaroos, this is going to get odd. VW will not be able to fulfill their end of the agreement IMHO
VW did not promise buybacks by any specific date so they can take as long as they like. There are several holes in the buyback timing commitments that you can drive a truck through. People are getting appointments scheduled into January now, and this just started. It's going to be a long, frustrating haul.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:09 PM

My understanding is that VW has 90 days from the acceptance of your notarized and signed offer to follow thru with a buyback

The weird outlier is that VW has yet to address any situation where there is a note or a lease. You are correct, this is going to a trainwreck...but it will cost VW both financially and PR. I have owned 5 VW's, this is certainly the last. I would rather give someone else the opportunity to rip me off

Buying a Japanese slush box, down to a CRV or a Rav4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
VW did not promise buybacks by any specific date so they can take as long as they like. There are several holes in the buyback timing commitments that you can drive a truck through. People are getting appointments scheduled into January now, and this just started. It's going to be a long, frustrating haul.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
My understanding is that VW has 90 days from the acceptance of your notarized and signed offer to follow thru with a buyback

The weird outlier is that VW has yet to address any situation where there is a note or a lease. You are correct, this is going to a trainwreck...but it will cost VW both financially and PR. I have owned 5 VW's, this is certainly the last. I would rather give someone else the opportunity to rip me off

Buying a Japanese slush box, down to a CRV or a Rav4
To be fair, if the lien holders can't handle the inquiries, that's not VW's fault. It's true that VW has 90 days to turn your Buyback around after receiving your notarized documents. It's the timing that leads up to that point that is extremely fluid, and it has proven to be so. The third party service organization (Ankura) is a complete and total failure.

Tags
autoscam, boring threads