Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergott View Post
Whoa, the website processed my papers right away (electronic?) and allowed me to make appt. Feb 23rd, here I come!
Nice Eric. You've definitely waited more than your turn.

What's on deck for you? Apologies if I missed it somewhere in this thread.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post

For right below..no kidding..new AllRoad starts at $47,200..yowser. Twice of my GSW..but if ya can, sure..
that is an absurd price for a VW.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Whoa, the website processed my papers right away (electronic?) and allowed me to make appt. Feb 23rd, here I come!
Many of us that submitted in September got screwed in the backlog, while those who submitted in November got right through. The whole thing was a mess. I'm glad it's over.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
that is an absurd price for a VW.
Not technically a VW, but shares a whole lot of parts. I've sat in both an Allroad and the compariable VWs (GSW/JSW) and the Allroad by almost all measures, a nicer place to sit and a nicer driving experience. It was a strong contender as an alternative to my R. Is it worth the nearly $20k premium over the GSW/Alltrack or the $10k over the R? To me no, but only because I couldn't get one with a 6MT and the R is just way too much fun. 300hp, short wheel base, 4-motion, blizzaks and snowy parking lots = crazy fun.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
Not technically a VW, but shares a whole lot of parts. I've sat in both an Allroad and the compariable VWs (GSW/JSW) and the Allroad by almost all measures, a nicer place to sit and a nicer driving experience. It was a strong contender as an alternative to my R. Is it worth the nearly $20k premium over the GSW/Alltrack or the $10k over the R? To me no, but only because I couldn't get one with a 6MT.
sorry, i missed that we were talking about an audi. still a lot of coins, but not VW badged. i get it now.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
sorry, i missed that we were talking about an audi. still a lot of coins, but not VW badged. i get it now.
A whole lot of coins. With their depreciation schedule, I can't see buying one of those new and they are hard to find used. Relatively low volume car.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Finally made it to the next step. I got my offer signed, notarized, and uploaded back into the system.

Now another step to wait on.
When did you upload your documents?
Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 PM
but not really

Quote:
A whole lot of coins. With their depreciation schedule, I can't see buying one of those new and they are hard to find used. Relatively low volume car.
A few friends leased Allroads. Both of them like the car. Maybe the lease terms are favorable, but the buy price at the end of the lease is not. $30k+ after a 36 month lease. Neither of them have any plans of buying the vehicles when their leases end.

I think you'll see more of them on the used market in the next 6 - 12 months as the leases end.

I'm still most interested in the Sportwagen 4Motion 6speed manual when those start arriving in the spring or summer.

(I was not part of the diesel gate buyback)
Old 01-16-2017, 05:58 PM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Nice Eric. You've definitely waited more than your turn.

What's on deck for you? Apologies if I missed it somewhere in this thread.
GTI S in dark grey. As much as I went through and was frustrated, I do think it's the best car for my priorities.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:41 AM
Time & Bikes

Quote:
Not technically a VW, but shares a whole lot of parts. I've sat in both an Allroad and the compariable VWs (GSW/JSW) and the Allroad by almost all measures, a nicer place to sit and a nicer driving experience.
For those reasons, we might have bought a used Audi Allroad instead of a Golf Sportwagen.

However, the back interior of the Audi is substantially smaller than the Sportwagen. And since that's where our two 80-pound dogs hang out when we travel, any smaller than the Sportwagen was a no go.

Surprising, since I would have thought the Audi, being similarly shaped to the VW, would have more similar dimension.

Dave, who after his Friday buyback did have the email from Chase for payment waiting for him this Tuesday-after-long-weekend morning
Old 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHallerman View Post
Surprising, since I would have thought the Audi, being similarly shaped to the VW, would have more similar dimension.
This might have something to do with the quietness of the ride in the Audi. Could be more paneling/padding in the interior to deaden road noise at the expense of interior space.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:14 AM

I was definitely surprised when I got my A3 with how much smaller it was than the Sportwagen I'd had before
Old 01-17-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grawk View Post
I was definitely surprised when I got my A3 with how much smaller it was than the Sportwagen I'd had before
My A3 was smaller inside than the comparable GTI at the time - or at least it felt that way.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:10 PM

Any VW lessees in the mix?

We're in Canada, so slightly different experience (buyout amounts haven't yet been finalized by the courts, but look to be a touch lower than yours)...

We lease our Passat TDI (2015). Any lessees catching flak from VW if they bring their TDI back in not perfect cosmetic shape?

I had read on jalopnik about a few guys returning their VWs as totally gutted--apparently the settlement agreement just requires that they be powered and driveable, hahahaha. Just wondering if any VW lessees in the crowd have had any issues returning leased cars with minor damage? I'd presume that a) the condition for leased cars eligible for return should be similar to purchased cars being returned (that having wide latitude) and b) that VW and their leasing arms should be bending over backwards to keep any goodwill alive with customers.

(Yes, this is perhaps as a result of scratching my bumper pretty good in a parking garage yesterday).
Old 01-17-2017, 12:24 PM

This may be interesting: so, when I bought my JSW I financed a bit of it. I did my buyback on 12/27 and last week i got an email reminder a payment is due on it. This was with VW credit. So I called and was told they had zero information (basically 3 weeks later) that the car had been bought back by VW. Presumably I got it taken cAre of by explaining, faxing a copy of the receipt from the buyback, etc....and, as I told the rather nice person at VW Credit, I don't doubt it will work out but I expect it will all happen a lot slower than promised because they are overwhelmed with the logistics. Basically I didn't want the end punch line to be a ping on my credit- especially since improving my credit from virtually none to good (I'm a dinosaur who uses cash) was why I financed some of it anyway. So, there is that and I would imagine this would be a real problem for someone who is planning on turning around and financing something else. On the other hand, a day or two later I got the prorated refund on my extended warranty, which I had not even thought of until I saw it mentioned here, so I'm fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
autoscam, boring threads