Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Well, he got his phone back...seemed pleased.

Yes, it would have been a lot easier to dial numbers saved in the phone...but since it was locked, that wasn't possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacNW2Ford
And the assumption is, no one who owns an iPhone is a cyclist??????
...is this addressed to me? If so, I have no clue where the question is coming from. By posting this thread in the first place, I was thinking perhaps someone here (and most of us are cyclists) was an iPhone user who knew more about them than I do, with some helpful tip that would help me find the owner.

An IRC friend had a good idea...his iPhone wallpaper has his email address somewhere at the bottom.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Two wheels good

Good for you for returning the phone. As some who has owned all the generations of iPhones I know how important they can be to people. If all you know the phone could have had important photos taken on it that were not yet backed up.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim
Got in touch with the owner on Facebook... fortunately for him, he has an uncommon surname.

...I was kind of hoping that I would be unable to find the owner, and would thus inherit an iPhone to use as an iPod...oh well. I'll mention that I'm a cyclist, and that's how I spotted his phone...maybe he'll tell his friends to be nice to cyclists when they pass us on the road...
This just sounded funny, like someone who lost an iPhone and his friends wouldn't be cyclists or be nice to them. As you said, lots of cyclists have iPhones. Good work on returning the phone.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing
Good for you for returning the phone. As some who has owned all the generations of iPhones I know how important they can be to people. If all you know the phone could have had important photos taken on it that were not yet backed up.
Honestly, it amazes me how few people secure their smartphones w/ passwords. I'd hazard a guess of well under 50%. People live their lives out of their phones, yet can't deal with a simple unlock code.