Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-23-2017, 09:05 PM

SRAM Force 1X BB/Shell Specs

I'm thinking of building up a new rig with a 1X set up. Steel frame, English 68MM bottom bracket shell. Is there anything special I need to know about BB configuration? I can't seem to find anything in particular on SRAM site with respect to crank spindle, BB etc. My concern is primarily with regard to chain line, with Q factor being a second. I'll take any wisdom you folks would have to offer. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2017, 09:16 PM
SageOfMilwaukee

SRAM Force CX1 and Force22 have a longer spindle and can run with a threaded BB interface by using the FSA MegaEVO BB. Actually all of the newer SRAM Cranks have longer spindles except the Red. I believe they did this to cut weight.

This one:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1139439_-1___

Bigger write up on it all here:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=194432
Old 10-23-2017, 09:22 PM

Any of the SRAM road GXP cranks would work. Rival, Force, Red. Just need a GXP bottom bracket. The SRAM BB's are fairly inexpensive but mostly plastic and seem cheap. King Thread Fit 24 with SRAM conversion kit works great. SRAM uses a step down spindle going from 24mm to 22mm so the BB is sized accordingly. I never had a chainline issue running any of the cranks 1x. I believe only their MTB cranks have different Q-factors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
Any of the SRAM road GXP cranks would work. Rival, Force, Red. Just need a GXP bottom bracket. The SRAM BB's are fairly inexpensive but mostly plastic and seem cheap. King Thread Fit 24 with SRAM conversion kit works great. SRAM uses a step down spindle going from 24mm to 22mm so the BB is sized accordingly. I never had a chainline issue running any of the cranks 1x. I believe only their MTB cranks have different Q-factors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you. I didn't think it was too complicated, but I often over think things. I just want to make sure as I build this frame I don't miss something.