Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2017, 05:14 AM

Rapha Summer Sale Just started

The benefits of being a central European guy. The sale just started at 12:00 CEST. Enjoy.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:46 AM

Curse you Rapha! I keep trying to get out, but you keep pulling me back in!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:12 AM

You just missed the Isadore sale for even nicer stuff those dudes got me good this time, plus they raised 15000 euros for 3 local charities with proceeds of their sale. why are we so enamoured with Rapha? don;t get me wrong, i have some of their gear, but when others choose to provide as nice gear and social benefit, my choice is easy. vote with your bucks, your ballots dont matter as much as they used to
Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 AM
Classics Fan

Major pet peeve with Rapha. I bought a set of their classic bibs during their survey 20% off sale.

I meant to get the bibs that are Navy, but I mistakenly just got the regular black bibs. This was my fault.

So, I start to process the return, and select the bibs called "Navy" ok, wait for like a month, and they arrive. They're black! with a Navy mesh, and navy rapha logo. Ugh. send them back again, I need to select Navy/White to get the ones I wanted... still waiting for them.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
Major pet peeve with Rapha. I bought a set of their classic bibs during their survey 20% off sale.

I meant to get the bibs that are Navy, but I mistakenly just got the regular black bibs. This was my fault.

So, I start to process the return, and select the bibs called "Navy" ok, wait for like a month, and they arrive. They're black! with a Navy mesh, and navy rapha logo. Ugh. send them back again, I need to select Navy/White to get the ones I wanted... still waiting for them.
Is this not user error not once but twice?

Where is Rapha's error?
Old 07-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallizes View Post
Is this not user error not once but twice?

Where is Rapha's error?
Oh yes, definitely my fault again. I said it was a pet peeve, not that Rapha made an error... Unless I typed it wrong. My main gripe was that their color names are inconsistent. I should add, when you process an exchange, you are not looking at pictures, you are just given a dropdown list of color names to select the one you want.

Black means all black
Black/White means black shorts with white mesh straps and white logos.
Navy means black shorts with navy straps and logos
Navy/White means navy shorts with white straps/logos.

I'd argue, for consistency sake, that Navy should refer to navy shorts with navy strap logos. and that the actual shorts they sell should be labeled as Black/Navy. (you can see them here: http://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/cl...uct/BSS02XXNVY)

Last edited by MattTuck; 07-27-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:14 AM

there's a short color other than black?

Old 07-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
You just missed the Isadore sale for even nicer stuff those dudes got me good this time, plus they raised 15000 euros for 3 local charities with proceeds of their sale. why are we so enamoured with Rapha? don;t get me wrong, i have some of their gear, but when others choose to provide as nice gear and social benefit, my choice is easy. vote with your bucks, your ballots dont matter as much as they used to
C'mon Matt - be a team player. I did not see a PSA posted for this sale...
Old 07-27-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
C'mon Matt - be a team player. I did not see a PSA posted for this sale...
im a jerk, i should have and almost did put one up. i really love this company as a company, and its a bonus i really like their clothing too. the climbers bibs are still the top of the heap for me.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post

my pet peeve is that returns take FOR-EV-ERRRRR!!!! like 2-3 weeks to process a return (PLUS the 5 days of shipping, each way, for me), especially if it's around the time of a summer/winter sale or the holidays. super annoying. if they can process a shipment in 24 hours, it shouldn't take 3 weeks to process a straight up return/exchange (i.e. no repairs; just "this doesn't work for me" or "I need a different size/color").
Old 07-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
im a jerk, i should have and almost did put one up. i really love this company as a company, and its a bonus i really like their clothing too. the climbers bibs are still the top of the heap for me.
cool. i need a few new pieces of kit. let us know when there is another sale and i'm in.

i've been really loving the MAAP stuff myself lately, but am pretty comfortable in a variety of bibs.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
cool. i need a few new pieces of kit. let us know when there is another sale and i'm in.

i've been really loving the MAAP stuff myself lately, but am pretty comfortable in a variety of bibs.
you get less 10 percent on your first order i think, but otherwise ill certainly post next time. the packaging this stuff comes in puts the rest to shame. only cafe du cycliste comes close.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:39 AM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiasticon View Post
my pet peeve is that returns take FOR-EV-ERRRRR!!!! like 2-3 weeks to process a return (PLUS the 5 days of shipping, each way, for me), especially if it's around the time of a summer/winter sale or the holidays. super annoying. if they can process a shipment in 24 hours, it shouldn't take 3 weeks to process a straight up return/exchange (i.e. no repairs; just "this doesn't work for me" or "I need a different size/color").
Yes, this is perhaps why I am more annoyed about the color names than normal. The original order was May 23rd. If it took just a few days to process a return, it would be much less of an issue. We're now at 2 months!
Old 07-27-2017, 11:10 AM

The Rapha bibs all have photos that show where the blue is. By mistake I almost bought black classic II bibs with blue on the straps today. No blue for me even if under the jersey!

I agree with the comment above - bibs only in black.

Jeff
Old 07-27-2017, 11:13 AM

RCC members have had a sneak peek and the ability to buy for a week or so. I passed on everything. Just don't need anything. Trying to minimize as it is. The deals didn't seem too special this time around.