Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2015, 04:58 PM

I'm still grandfathered in the unlimited data plan for $30 with AT&T. That is what is keeping me from making the jump, but at the moment, i use my phone about 7 to 10 days a month. I pay $90 for my 450 mins, unlimited text, and unlimited data. If I decide to quit AT&T I lose the unlimited plan forever. No going back!

I can't decide if I should switch.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93legendti View Post
Not only that, but I seemed to always go over my monthly limit with ATT. I don't think I use my smartphones any differently, but I don't go over my Tmobile limits where the LTE gets throttled back to 2G...foul play by ATT?
I've heard as much about att but have no first hand experience with this.

i just happened to check my family plan data and i'm at 4.8gb and the ol' lady is at 7.9 with 4 days left in our cycle and i havent noticed any decrease.

i'm definitely a happy camper, unless i visit her family in NC, then i'm in a dead zone, even in some parts of Raleigh.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nags&Ducs View Post
I'm still grandfathered in the unlimited data plan for $30 with AT&T. That is what is keeping me from making the jump, but at the moment, i use my phone about 7 to 10 days a month. I pay $90 for my 450 mins, unlimited text, and unlimited data. If I decide to quit AT&T I lose the unlimited plan forever. No going back!

I can't decide if I should switch.
here in the states, t-mobile gave me the option of changing my mind within 14 days with a full refund on equipment (minus a $50 restocking fee). If it's also offered in Germany, you may be able to test drive it before committing (disconnecting ATT -- as tmobile is contract free -- no brainer especially if you bring your own equipment), but if i were in your position, i'd keep the grandfathered plan. ATT is pretty fast on data, and as far as i can recall i dont think i've ever used more than 450 minutes in a given month.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:15 PM
Cat 666

I'm nyc metro (burbs), strong LTE throughout. I'm on the "secret" walmart prepaid plan. 100 voice minutes, 5gb unthrottled, unlimited throttled after. 30 a month. Includes Music Freedom, and since most of my data use is from Spotify/Pandora, it's a big perk.

Last edited by fatallightning; 03-31-2015 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:55 PM
coffee consumer

Here in the urban areas and where its flat, coverage is decent but we moved to a hilly area and can't get a signal at my house in the burbs even though we're less pretty populated area. My neighbors call it T-Maybe. We dropped them and moved to Verizon --- its pricey, but of the three carriers, its the only one where we get a good signal (without having one of those boosters put in the house).
Old 04-02-2015, 06:24 PM

I have T-mobile. I love in Los Angeles. I'm often surprised at how bad the coverage is. I never get a signal when I head into the mountains. With AT&T, I'd normally have something up there. When/if AT&T gets it together and adjusts their prices and plans, I will likely go back to them but not before.