Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2017, 03:42 PM

Does my Serotta fit?

Hey all,

I have a Serotta Colorado III with full Ultegra group, I bought it about a year ago and have been trying to adjust the fit ever since with little resolve. Mostly I feel like I'm too far from the cockpit, but I'm not sure how short of a stem I can run without completely changing the way it rides. I guess I really don't know much about road fit as I've mostly ridden track bikes and single speeds for the last seventeen years. I'm just looking for some insight. I've done a century on the bike and it was fine, but not as comfortable as my track bike which obviously has a tighter geometry. Maybe the reason I've spent so much time on track bikes and selling my road bikes has to do with how short my arms are? Anyway, I'm wondering if I should convert it to a cruiser bar configuration since I have a bike I'm comfortable on with cruisers, or whether I should try a shorter stem the one on it currently is an 80. Would it make that much difference to go down to a 60 or a 50? Thank you in advance for your help.

Eli

Tags
conversion, fit, handlebar, serotta, stem