Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Pics of the setup?
If you're asking about the Klikit, I lack the skillls to resize photos for this site.
Let's see if this works: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
Old 06-25-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
Make a band from an old inner tube the same width as the clamp and slide it around the seatpost. Anchor it in place with electric or duct tape, the tape should be 1/4" wider than the inner tube on both the top and bottom so that it sticks to the seatpost and holds the tube in place, and attach the clamp over it.
Tight fit on 27.2 seatpost.
I must have used it before. I found Scotch 33 electrical tape applied to the inside of the clamp.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Riding Along

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
HA! It's amazing how many people here don't ride with repair gear. Not just my normal group of people.

Granted, I have not ridden in 4 years. Today I tried and it was super painful. Not the saddle, the shorts! Tons of pressure and pain. Left side only. Saddle was fine. But immediately when I put my bibs on it was like wow, this really sucks!

Not sure if i'm going to be trying it again. Charles from Pez is trying to point me to a pair of Assos shorts. I know peeps at Assos. So I could get them. But it would suck to pay for a pair of shorts only to have pain still. And since I am long torso, Not sure how Assos would fit. My Hincapie's have longer bib straps. I need that or they feel like i'm getting squished.

I will say, I did not ride with a repair bag today. I couldn't get to it in my office! Buried somewhere.

First time my Exemplar has hit the road. Road nice. Very smooth. Comfortable. Just like it should be.
Great to hear that you got back on the bike!!! Bring your shorts to any seamstress and have them an extension added to the straps. Does not matter what material it is made of or if it is elastic. Sounds like you just need some extra length.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
Great to hear that you got back on the bike!!! Bring your shorts to any seamstress and have them an extension added to the straps. Does not matter what material it is made of or if it is elastic. Sounds like you just need some extra length.

The Hincapie shorts are fine length wise. I don't know about Assos tho. I know Castelli bibs are super short for me. I have a friend at Assos in Montreal. I can get a set. Just don't want to deal with the whole wrong size BS. I have a great seamstress. So I can get them fixed if needed.

I got out today for about 30 minutes. Not very long. Lots of pain. At least I know it's not saddle related. It's all compression related from the shorts. Sitting on a saddle didn't hurt it more which was a plus. Not sure I'm going to try riding again tho. Still in a ton of pain now 12 hours later.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:13 PM

Does this mount right above the seatpost clamp? How much exposed seatpost do you have above the clamp? How much do you weigh?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramnnim View Post
Does this mount right above the seatpost clamp? How much exposed seatpost do you have above the clamp? How much do you weigh?
It can mount anywhere, but I'd mount it as low as possible.
Weight? Ahem....A wee bit on the + side of 200.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:36 AM

This is all u need:

http://www.arundelbike.com/product/dual/

I fit 2 tubes, 2 c02's (threaded), 1 tire lever, a co2 inflator head, a small allen & philips head multitool, and 1 thin park tool rubber tire patch thing (in the event of a sidewall blowout). all on 54-55 cm frames with a blinking tail light attached at bottom of seatpost, and the bag doesn't impede the light. it's close on some bikes, but never an issue.

[edit--woops, i re-read your first post about carrying a spare jersey, jacket and rain gear. therefore, my mentioning an arundel dual bag is worth zilch! sorry!]

Last edited by 54ny77; 06-26-2017 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:58 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum Hill View Post
If you're asking about the Klikit, I lack the skillls to resize photos for this site.
Let's see if this works: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

If it's this bag, I would worry about the vibration and the bags clip bouncing or moving on the post. it could wear a groove into the carbon.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
Find new people to ride with.
i love this standard answer. because it considers nothing at all. its like when folks talk about the group ride and the response is find a new group. but when you live in rural america finding anyone to ride with is a challenge, especially on a road bike, and there is one shop, one group, one choice.

maybe thats why Zwift has become so popular?

and to the OP, ive been riding with a saddle bag on a carbon post for a couple years, no issues. so far my post has not been sawn in half
Old 06-26-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
ive been riding with a saddle bag on a carbon post for a couple years, no issues. so far my post has not been sawn in half
Your days are numbered, Molly Hatchet!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Your days are numbered, Molly Hatchet!
riding bikes is too easy, i like a bit of a challenge and surprise every now and again.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 PM

I would get an alloy post and you won't need to worry about any possible problems.