Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-2017, 02:16 PM

Oregon Handmade Show 2017 (Fat Chance, Ahearne, Igleheart, Jeff Lyon, Ti Cycles, ...)

The 2017 Oregon Handmade Bike Show is this weekend (Aug 12 & 13). I haven't been here nearly as long as I have been "across the hall" but it sure would be fun to meet some Paceliners. Anyone going?

The line up is looking pretty darn good! Definitely looking forward to Jeff Lyon, Fat Chance, and Jeff Bock. More info here: http://oregonframebuilders.org/ohbs/. I'll have a little booth too. A soft opening of sorts for me.

Apologies for the cross post but I figured there are some folks here who might be interested in the show too. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Im really hoping to go and think i probably will. excited to see your work and meet you there!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:40 PM

I was planning on going, but will be out riding the McKenzie River Trail instead.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Was there last 2 years fun show.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:58 PM

I am clued out, but why aren't Speedvagen, Desalvo, Breadwinner and others attending? Just not worth it, business-wise?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Breadwinner was there last year. I was in OR when it happened to get fit for a Rob English. Rob also attended the show. Pretty small and cool show. Just local dudes. Speedvagen rarely does bike shows like NAHBS, etc. Desalvo as well.. Chris Igelheart was there with his new brand of touring rando allroad monster bikes. Super cool guy.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I was planning on going, but will be out riding the McKenzie River Trail instead.
Double check the fire situation. New fire centered around Blue River 😕
Old 08-08-2017, 11:18 PM

I'm hoping to go Saturday. I've been the last several years and enjoy it for sure. Too bad Winter Bicycles moved to Pennsylvania a couple years ago -- Eric's bikes were always my favorite to check out in person. Igleheart's stuff is always so rad though too so looking forward to that!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Double check the fire situation. New fire centered around Blue River 😕
I've been tracking a couple of them in the area. It will be smoky, but the campground and trail should be open. Both the one by the Blue River and on Mt. Jefferson are 0% contained, so fingers crossed they don't spread and new ones don't start.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I've been tracking a couple of them in the area. It will be smoky, but the campground and trail should be open. Both the one by the Blue River and on Mt. Jefferson are 0% contained, so fingers crossed they don't spread and new ones don't start.
Not to derail my own thread but my wife and I went for a little overnight backpacking trip at the end of July. We stayed on top of Whetstone Mountain which is in the Opal Creek area. We could see the glow of the Mt Jefferson fire at night. I think it's much larger now. Anyway, have fun and be safe!

Mt Jefferson fire by Radian Cycles, on Flickr

Back to the regularly scheduled program...
Old 08-09-2017, 04:18 PM

It's great that Jeff Bock is driving out from Iowa for the show. His work is stunning. I've seen lots of really beautiful bikes in the last 40 years, none more beautiful than Jeff's. Really first rate stuff.

I can't go to the show, but if someone would take pictures and post them, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:09 PM

I was somehow unaware of it, but my wife is working Saturday, so I should have a free day - anyone want to do a coffee ramble if the smog isn't too awful?

Also, good opportunity if anyone wants to help me clear my parts bin...I'll try to get it all listed by tomorrow evening...clearing out all my remaining Campy stuff, wheels, and finishing kit...
Old 08-08-2017, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
I was somehow unaware of it, but my wife is working Saturday, so I should have a free day - anyone want to do a coffee ramble if the smog isn't too awful?

Also, good opportunity if anyone wants to help me clear my parts bin...I'll try to get it all listed by tomorrow evening...clearing out all my remaining Campy stuff, wheels, and finishing kit...
lets be in touch, not sure if im going yet, but would love to have a coffee and chat
Old 08-09-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
lets be in touch, not sure if im going yet, but would love to have a coffee and chat

Sounds good. I'm hoping to have the Keith Anderson road-worthy by then...seems appropriate
Old 08-09-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Guy View Post
The 2017 Oregon Handmade Bike Show is this weekend (Aug 12 & 13). I haven't been here nearly as long as I have been "across the hall" but it sure would be fun to meet some Paceliners. Anyone going?

The line up is looking pretty darn good! Definitely looking forward to Jeff Lyon, Fat Chance, and Jeff Bock. More info here: http://oregonframebuilders.org/ohbs/. I'll have a little booth too. A soft opening of sorts for me.

Apologies for the cross post but I figured there are some folks here who might be interested in the show too. Thanks!
Bocks shop is just south of me and he offers a frame building class I'd love to take. Such a great guy to talk with and local for me. Looks like a solid lineup. Wish I still lived in the pnw