Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavic1010 View Post
The meivici is a fine bike. The "used" one I got had primarily 8.5/10.5 mix. For my weight and riding style it was superb. Due to riding it so much and also getting other nice bikes, it no longer fit me due to: Getting more fit and losing weight, increasing my reach etc..etc..
Mavic1010,

Do you know which tubes were 8.5 and 10.5? How much weight did you lose to change the ride characteristics?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:25 PM
#BikeMafia

Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle!

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavic1010 View Post
Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle!

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.
LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.

Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...
Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...
No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need an older all black Aliante Twin Flex mine is silver (WTB Rocket V pictured I wanted to try it out) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him. I went with DA9000 due to the color I don't like the 9100 all black. I think the DA9000 Silver gives it a pop of class.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meivici (1).jpg (144.1 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (4).jpg (136.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (2).jpg (142.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (3).jpg (139.9 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by Satellite; 08-23-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added Photos
Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need and older all black Aliante Twin Flex (mine is silver) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him.
I had a C50 Custom painted. While I was waiting for the C50 restoration and custom paint I bought the Meivici. I should have just done the Meivici from the get go but I wanted to try a C50. I have way more money in the C50 than I can ever possibly recoup. I just kept going down the rabbit hole it was one thing after another. Depending on the ride of the Meivici if they ride the same I will more than likely sell one of them. If the ride is completely different and they serve different purposes I will keep them both. I have such high hopes for the Meivici I don't possibly see how the frame can live up to my expectations. Hoping to find out on Friday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColnagoC50Elliptic (1).jpg (120.8 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg ColnagoC50Elliptic (5).jpg (137.1 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by Satellite; 08-23-2017 at 09:08 PM.