Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:56 PM
Satellite's Avatar
Satellite Satellite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavic1010 View Post
The meivici is a fine bike. The "used" one I got had primarily 8.5/10.5 mix. For my weight and riding style it was superb. Due to riding it so much and also getting other nice bikes, it no longer fit me due to: Getting more fit and losing weight, increasing my reach etc..etc..
Mavic1010,

Do you know which tubes were 8.5 and 10.5? How much weight did you lose to change the ride characteristics?
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:25 PM
mavic1010 mavic1010 is offline
"Quasi" Dealer
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 673
Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle!

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:39 PM
Satellite's Avatar
Satellite Satellite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavic1010 View Post
Downtube was definitely 10.5...the rest I believe was 8.5 While I had that bike I lost close to 25lbs of fat. I'd like to say I gained some muscle!

Don't know about changing ride characteristics. I typically enjoy a slightly stiffer bike versus compliant regardless of weight. I wouldn't say it was less stiff when I was heavier and definitely wasn't harsher when I got lighter.
LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Clean39T Clean39T is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
LOL we all know muscle is denser/heavier than fat. I just make up for lack of muscle in fat quantity. Looking forward to the first real ride on the Meivici I'm hoping it lives up to it's hype. If all goes well I should be able to get a 40-50 mile ride in on Friday.

Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 AM
Satellite's Avatar
Satellite Satellite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Did you buy the one I PSA'd about down in the Bay Area? Would love to see pics if so - was a gorgeous frame...
No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need an older all black Aliante Twin Flex mine is silver (WTB Rocket V pictured I wanted to try it out) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him. I went with DA9000 due to the color I don't like the 9100 all black. I think the DA9000 Silver gives it a pop of class.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meivici (1).jpg (144.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (4).jpg (136.1 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (2).jpg (142.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Meivici (3).jpg (139.9 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Satellite; 08-23-2017 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Added Photos
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-23-2017, 08:49 PM
Satellite's Avatar
Satellite Satellite is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite View Post
No I bought Mavic1010 Meivici. Got it built up almost a year later I just need to finish the bar tape.

To completely finish it off I need and older all black Aliante Twin Flex (mine is silver) and Mandibel Cages. I will add some photos tomorrow but it almost looks identical to they way Mavic1010 had it built up. I should of just bought it complete from him.
I had a C50 Custom painted. While I was waiting for the C50 restoration and custom paint I bought the Meivici. I should have just done the Meivici from the get go but I wanted to try a C50. I have way more money in the C50 than I can ever possibly recoup. I just kept going down the rabbit hole it was one thing after another. Depending on the ride of the Meivici if they ride the same I will more than likely sell one of them. If the ride is completely different and they serve different purposes I will keep them both. I have such high hopes for the Meivici I don't possibly see how the frame can live up to my expectations. Hoping to find out on Friday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ColnagoC50Elliptic (1).jpg (120.8 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg ColnagoC50Elliptic (5).jpg (137.1 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Satellite; 08-23-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.