Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2017, 07:12 PM

Steelman XCR: A Homecoming of Sorts

Thanks to a forum member who posted a PSA in the Classifieds, I was alerted to the fact that the Steelman XCR that Brent made for me was available in the San Diego area. A few days later and it is back home with me. I just got home and need to clean it up a bit and swap out some parts that the second owner substituted for the original parts I had on the bike.

It is a bittersweet reunion, however. I learned that Eric Ringdahl, the gentleman I sold the bike to (and fellow forum member), was killed tragically about a year after buying this bike from me by an inattentive driver who ran over Eric while he was riding in the bike lane in Carlsbad. I also sold Eric my Hampsten Gran Paradiso Titanium and I remember Eric telling me that, if I ever wanted to purchase back any of the bikes I sold him, to give him a call. Eric was nothing short of a gentleman in all my dealings with him. A friend of Eric is helping his wife sell off Eric's bicycle equipment, and he advertised the bicycle on Craigslist.

I will remember Eric every time I ride this bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steelman New.jpg (71.9 KB, 689 views)