Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2015, 04:00 PM

Pliny v Blind Pig

Paul, I'm inclined to agree
Old 07-02-2015, 05:24 PM

After a tough day on the bike, the kayak, a good swim and a good book at the beach I am enjoying a Green Spot and Sam Summer. Love being retired.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:07 AM

Starting off the holiday weekend with this, Full of citra hops, grapefruity, sort of like a Fresh Squeezed with just a few more ibu's. Fun label.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1011.JPG (43.6 KB, 169 views)
Old 07-03-2015, 10:21 AM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
We flew into and out of Santa Rosa this week on the way to and from Mendocino, so we made the pilgrimage to Russian River. There was no Blind Pig in bottles, so we had to settle for a six of Pliny. On the way home, we stopped in and had Blind Pig on tap. IMO it's the better of the two, at least in Santa Rosa.

Way to go! The array is dizzying. Note they can sell out of bottle stock daily. So no guarantee you can buy anything. Pig vs elder. I like both.

Was just up there last weekend doing some wine tasting off westside road in healdsburg.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:36 AM

On a Sour run recently
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (24.5 KB, 161 views)
Old 07-03-2015, 12:58 PM

I have had PTE and PTY at the same time, but I would love to go IPA, DIPA 3xIPA with a BP, PTE, PTY tasting.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:33 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptourkin View Post
I have had PTE and PTY at the same time, but I would love to go IPA, DIPA 3xIPA with a BP, PTE, PTY tasting.
come up next year for beer week and make it so. good idea to do that. I did the PTE v. PTY this year. Both great. The high alcohol is balanced with the hops. But the truth is two PTY and my head is spinning. gave my third pour away since wanted to drive home safely.

Did you drink your six PTE or pack in luggage for the plane?

Officially RRB says PTE can last awhile but IMHO about 2-3 weeks is optimal. I had a bottle four months after purchase and all the flavor was still there but it wasn't as sharp as when fresh.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:38 PM

[QUOTE=ptourkin;1782915]We flew into and out of Santa Rosa this week on the way to and from Mendocino, so we made the pilgrimage to Russian River. There was no Blind Pig in bottles, so we had to settle for a six of Pliny. On the way home, we stopped in and had Blind Pig on tap. IMO it's the better of the two, at least in Santa Rosa.

[/QUOTE

See the thread about first world problems. Oh the misery trying to decide which is better pliny the elder or blind pig. I live for those problems and while I love both I'm not sure I don't agree. Blind Pig is just plain drinkable and tasty.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
come up next year for beer week and make it so. good idea to do that. I did the PTE v. PTY this year. Both great. The high alcohol is balanced with the hops. But the truth is two PTY and my head is spinning. gave my third pour away since wanted to drive home safely.

Did you drink your six PTE or pack in luggage for the plane?

Officially RRB says PTE can last awhile but IMHO about 2-3 weeks is optimal. I had a bottle four months after purchase and all the flavor was still there but it wasn't as sharp as when fresh.
We drank those six at the Stanford Inn in Mendocino. There is a sign at the airport in Santa Rosa that says "wine flies free." Had BP been available in bottles, we would tried to fly it home on Alaska. Our local Blind Lady Ale House had BP on tap this weekend and PTE is available at least once a week 3 blocks from my house at Hamilton's. We do indeed have an embarrassment of first-world problems here.

I have a bottle of Alpine Nelson and another Pliny stashed for 7/4.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:59 PM

Iron Duke Iron Smith Pils
Old 07-04-2015, 02:42 PM

German easier to understand

Must say that I am moving away from the Belgian beers and more toward the German's. This is my current favorite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beer.jpg (69.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 07-04-2015, 03:40 PM

I just had an Avery Brewing Co Maharaja IPA. Wow, what an excellent IPA. 10% ABV. A little salty as far as price at our local 50-50 BrewHouse but a great beer.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:27 AM

We went to the last night of the local Jazz Festival last night. Ben Allison on the stage followed up by Charles Lloyd, with fireworks afterwards.

Among the usual selections of "canoe beer" in the beer garden were two from Tallgrass. I can't hardly believe my eyes, they are serving 8bit and Velvet Rooster. Great evening, good beer, terrific weather, incredible jazz, capped off with a huge choreographed fireworks display.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:13 PM

Henniker Artisan Ale. It's a Belgian Pils. Refreshing. Henniker, NH.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:06 PM

Non-drinker here...

But I do appreciate me a good root beer.

Current RB of choice: Henry Weinhard's. So nice.