Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 AM

bike rental near Andover NH

I'm traveling to Andover NH in a couple weeks for a work conference. Does anyone know if there are local shops that rent road or mountain bikes? Looks like Village Sports in New London might be the best bet? I'm pretty distance limited as I have to take a shuttle from the airport to the conference site. Also would greatly appreciate any advice on mountain or road biking in the area. Thanks all!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:42 AM
Classics Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrexler View Post
I'm traveling to Andover NH in a couple weeks for a work conference. Does anyone know if there are local shops that rent road or mountain bikes? Looks like Village Sports in New London might be the best bet? I'm pretty distance limited as I have to take a shuttle from the airport to the conference site. Also would greatly appreciate any advice on mountain or road biking in the area. Thanks all!
That is about 40ish miles from me. I've never biked in that area, and don't know any of the shops, but I'd expect the cycling to be decent. What dates are you coming? I can give you some shop names up here if you can't find something closer, but without a way to get up here, I'm not sure what good it will do you. What size bike would you need?
Old 07-02-2015, 11:50 AM

For rides, check out the cue sheets for the Kearsage Klassic which is a dirt road ride held in that area.

Sorry, can't help with the bike.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:26 PM

Check with Drummond's Cycles in Enfield Center, NH. Dick may have a bike he could rent you.

What conference? Seem to recall the Gordon Conference hosted by Proctor Academy each year, or something like that...
Old 07-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Rhino Bike works in Plymouth has road and mountain bike rentals, 536 3919. About 30 minutes north from Andover. Also group road rides.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:41 PM

Check Mt. Sunapee area ...

Quick search showed. http://www.villagesportsllc.com/, albeit not high end bikes.

Warren
Old 07-03-2015, 04:36 AM

Yep, its the Gordon conference on membrane molecular biology at the Proctor Academy. July 11-17. Will definitely check out the Kearsage course. Looking for a 54ish road bike. Thanks all for the info!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:55 PM

Proctor Academy has a cycling team, you may be able to network with a faculty member there and borrow a bike.