Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2024, 08:41 PM

Update on a Bicycle Collision (Not Mine)

This was previously reported on this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA_O66rZpf4
Old 03-04-2024, 06:47 AM

Both are wrong, the cyclist was wrong first and caused the crash. He ran a red
light that was red for some time. Do stupid stuff often enough, it'll come around and bite you eventually.

Before you get mad. Think about how you'd feel if it was a d-bag in a car that passed other cars sitting at a red light and went thru the intersection on red.

Last edited by Nomadmax; 03-04-2024 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:16 AM

Seems pretty light for a hit and run (regardless of fault of the initial collision, which clearly was the cyclist this time).

Like the judge said, what makes us think the defendant won't do the same thing next time? Fine, license suspension, and some number of weekends community service sounds more appropriate.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:51 AM
slower than you

Good luck on that million dollar civil suit, Door dash dummy.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:07 PM

I like how they highlighted his feet while he was upside down. Amazing level of production on that video.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:59 PM
#RYFB

Yes, both are wrong, but hit and run is the more serious offense in this case. And an elected official is supposed to know better (I know, dream on).
Old 03-04-2024, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Yes, both are wrong, but hit and run is the more serious offense in this case. And an elected official is supposed to know better (I know, dream on).
absolutely... makes you wonder is she was on the sauce
Old 03-04-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdntrxi View Post
absolutely... makes you wonder is she was on the sauce
Quite possible. She turned herself in 6 hours later.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:32 PM
Member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarhog View Post
Quite possible. She turned herself in 6 hours later.
After going to the bar to down a few drinks in public to steady her nerves I'm sure! "Were you under the influence at the time of the "accident"? Oh no, but I've been drinking like a fish since then because I'm so upset!"
Old 03-04-2024, 08:41 PM

"That instantaneous...or that soon thereafter recognition"

If it truly was 6 hours before she turned herself in I'd love to know if the judge probed that area with the defendant. Soon, you say??

No way she was sober. Also, suspenditure (yeesh).
Old 03-04-2024, 06:01 PM
slower than you

Quote:
Well, no, the most "serious offense", in the end, was some clueless dude just cruising through a red light in a dense, old school eastern city in his sandals. His head never turned. I highly suspect heavy drug and junk food intoxication, or, well, just stupid. Probably both. I see it every day. He lost, but, he didn't, because he totally lucked out.
Proof he's on the low end of the bell curve is that he allowed a lawyer to file a civil suit while the existing video evidence has gone viral.
To hell with her, btw, but, considering her network in JC, she'll do just fine. Maybe make it to mayor.
Old 03-04-2024, 07:00 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Well, no, the most "serious offense", in the end, was some clueless dude just cruising through a red light in a dense, old school eastern city in his sandals. His head never turned. I highly suspect heavy drug and junk food intoxication, or, well, just stupid. Probably both. I see it every day. He lost, but, he didn't, because he totally lucked out.
Proof he's on the low end of the bell curve is that he allowed a lawyer to file a civil suit while the existing video evidence has gone viral.
To hell with her, btw, but, considering her network in JC, she'll do just fine. Maybe make it to mayor.

You put it in quotes but I meant it literally. I don’t know about other states, but where I live running a red light is an INFRACTION whereas fleeing the scene of an accident is at least a misdemeanor and can be a felony.

I don’t understand your baseless speculation about the cyclist’s condition or mental acuity, though he certainly acted stupidly. The lawsuit is lame but that puts it in company with a s***ton of others. Few people are willing to take responsibility for their idiocy.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:32 PM

weak attempts at wit in this thread

hit and run is a very effed up thing to do
Old 03-04-2024, 09:07 PM
slower than you

Quote:
You put it in quotes but I meant it literally. I don’t know about other states, but where I live running a red light is an INFRACTION whereas fleeing the scene of an accident is at least a misdemeanor and can be a felony.

I don’t understand your baseless speculation about the cyclist’s condition or mental acuity, though he certainly acted stupidly. The lawsuit is lame but that puts it in company with a s***ton of others. Few people are willing to take responsibility for their idiocy.
Cmon. You actually think that running a red light is less "serious" than leaving the scene? Running a red light in one of today's massive vehicles can easily kill an entire car's occupants. Almost happened to me a month ago. Missed by two feet. ,must have been doing 70 to beat the light. I would have been toast. Leaving the scene in an urban environment? Watch the video. He had plenty of help. How did that harm him more?

Pick another cyclist vs car battle. This dude isn't worth it. He should be celebrating his now extended life, and leave it at that.
Old 03-04-2024, 09:11 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Cmon. You actually think that running a red light is less "serious" than leaving the scene?.
Yes, I do, especially running a red light ON A BICYCLE. And stop putting my words in quotes when I’ve made clear I was being literal.