Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
I've got three cases of grapefruit sculpin, so yeah I like it.

If you like the grapefruit sculpin try Deschutes fresh squeezed if you can find it very tasty, from Portland I think
THREE cases?! Wow...
The only beer in recent memory that I've bought multiple cases at the same time was Goose Island BCBS. They were just sitting there all lonely in the store so I figured I'd give them a nice home in my beer cellar.

Edited to add: I'm not a hoarder... okay well I am, but I always am sharing all my good stuff with other people by dropping by the local watering hole and offering it for free to share.

Thanks for the tip on the Deshutes, but I don't think they get distributed down here in Florida... good beer does end up everywhere tho!
Old 06-15-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
THREE cases?! Wow...
The only beer in recent memory that I've bought multiple cases at the same time was Goose Island BCBS. They were just sitting there all lonely in the store so I figured I'd give them a nice home in my beer cellar.

Edited to add: I'm not a hoarder... okay well I am, but I always am sharing all my good stuff with other people by dropping by the local watering hole and offering it for free to share.

Thanks for the tip on the Deshutes, but I don't think they get distributed down here in Florida... good beer does end up everywhere tho!
I normally don't buy that quantity either but we have a couple parties coming up so I'm sure it'll get used up.
We don't get Deschutes here in Alabama either. I found it traveling in Wyoming. I don't think it makes it anywhere in the southeast.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
THREE cases?! Wow...

Hey milkbaby, where in Florida are you from? I'm a beer hoarder too but I've been looking for other beer lovers to share my bottles with. Any chance you're in the Orlando area?
Old 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Mrs TR brought this fine libation home for tonight...
and a very fine choice it was, summery golden ale in the Belgian style.
Excellent accompaniment with the steaks,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0975.JPG (45.0 KB, 152 views)
Old 06-22-2015, 12:37 AM

HOP SHOP SERIES 2015 MOSAIC IPA

The menu says "This Hop Shop brew focuses on the new hop variety HBC 369 CV, better known as Mosaic. This daughter of Simcoe is often referred to as the "wonder hop" due to its complex array of flavors and aromas - featuring earthy pine, tropical fruit, citrus and blueberry notes."

My senses say this is very good, so if you spot brew made with this hop variety, I recommend you give it a try.