Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2024, 07:39 AM
Administrator

I wear an oura 24/7 and do track my sleep data.

Mostly, now that I've been wearing it for a long while, as far as sleep goes, it confirms what I know.

Academically, I know what it would take to get better sleep, life just generally gets in the way of that though, so I take what I can get.
Old 04-30-2024, 08:39 AM

Bought a Garmin watch, one of the reasons being the sleep tracking, and yes even having one beer will effect the sleep quality.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:05 PM

I don't use a sleep tracker but also notice I don't sleep well after drinking wine around dinner time (I currently have 82 bottles in my cellar). Sometimes I start passing out on the couch, walk to the bedroom try to sleep and it doesn't happen. One thing that helps is to drink lots of water along with the alcohol.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:52 PM

Hm. I didn't know about the alcohol and sleep thing.

I got a Garmin watch to track sleep because my employer gives a discount on healthcare costs if I track sleep automatically (like on a Garmin, versus just writing hours and minutes down). I realized I generally don't sleep enough, 5-6 hours is about a normal night. I've had the watch almost 2 years now, forget to keep it on maybe a night every 2-3 months.

Problem is I have a really hard time sleeping more than about 7 hours, so if I go to sleep at, say, 9 pm, I wake up at 3 am or so and feel groggy for a long, long time, like the rest of the day. I found if I stay up until 11pm or so, I get up 6:30 and it's pretty good. Problem is I end up lstaying up until 1 or 2 am, wake up at 6:30-7... and that's not enough sleep.