Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Lanterne rouge

Kurt Inride input

Looking for a way to track trainer rides. Ran across this Kurt Inride that uses a phone app. Anyone use one?
I dont have anything to compare it too but it may give me some info to progress on. I am not getting a new trainer so anything that requires that is out. I dont use a computer in the road so thats out too.
Thanks for any input.
Old 10-22-2016, 06:28 AM

I am currently using one. I added it to my Kurt Kinetic Trainer last month. At first I had a bugger of a time getting it to calibrate but I resolved that and it is working fine.

I use Trainer road and it has the spin down calibration that is needed but you can also use the kinetic app on the iPhone.

I might get a smart trainer but I need to sell some other trainers I have to make that happen. The Zwift app is pretty neat but really the Inride and trainer road app is a good combo that you can use on the cheap.

One caveat is that the cadence is not really reliable from this device. At steady state it may be ok but it is a bit all over the place.

What computer/phone etc are you going to use?

Last edited by stephenmarklay; 10-22-2016 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:33 AM
Lanterne rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
I am currently using one. I added it to my Kurt Kinetic Trainer last month. At first I had a bugger of a time getting it to calibrate but I resolved that and it is working fine.

I use Trainer road and it has the spin down calibration that is needed but you can also use the kinetic app on the iPhone.

I might get a smart trainer but I need to sell some other trainers I have to make that happen. The Zwift app is pretty neat but really the Inride and trainer road app is a good combo that you can use on the cheap.

One caveat is that the cadence is not really reliable from this device. At steady state it may be ok but it is a bit all over the place.

What computer/phone etc are you going to use?
I dont know on the computer yet. I have an Ipad pro and a iPhone 6s+ so either should work.
Headed to REI in a bit to pick it up. Have to head to the city so I am not too excited about that part.