Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
This is BS. Floyd talked with Bruyneel about getting hired. In fact of the teams he offered his services to, Bruyneel was the only one who would talk to him. Others, like Riis and Lefevere, would not return calls or emails. Bruyneel told Floyd that he had no doubt that Floyd could get back into top condition but said he could not hire him because of pressure from the ASO and UCI. Floyd had Vaughters verify this.

What ultimately set Floyd off was a combination of the UCI blacklisting him and Lance messing with Floyd in various ways. Floyd told LA to stop or else, but Lance did not listen. LA contacted other teams to urge them not to hire Floyd and one of the people in Andy Rihs' outfit told Floyd about it. Realizing there was no way he could get a job in cycling, he decided to burn the mutha down. Unpantsing Lance to was just icing on the cake, and Floyd had hopes that with his attitude and money Lance would fight USADA and expose that it, Tygart, and Bock were just as corrupt as the UCI, McQuaid, and Verbruggen. Unfortunately, LA folded.

Floyd is planning on riding Battenkill for fun this year. It might encourage him to regain some fitness.
That's a very interesting theory, you maybe right.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
This is BS. Floyd talked with Bruyneel about getting hired. In fact of the teams he offered his services to, Bruyneel was the only one who would talk to him. Others, like Riis and Lefevere, would not return calls or emails. Bruyneel told Floyd that he had no doubt that Floyd could get back into top condition but said he could not hire him because of pressure from the ASO and UCI. Floyd had Vaughters verify this.

What ultimately set Floyd off was a combination of the UCI blacklisting him and Lance messing with Floyd in various ways. Floyd told LA to stop or else, but Lance did not listen. LA contacted other teams to urge them not to hire Floyd and one of the people in Andy Rihs' outfit told Floyd about it. Realizing there was no way he could get a job in cycling, he decided to burn the mutha down. Unpantsing Lance to was just icing on the cake, and Floyd had hopes that with his attitude and money Lance would fight USADA and expose that it, Tygart, and Bock were just as corrupt as the UCI, McQuaid, and Verbruggen. Unfortunately, LA folded.

Floyd is planning on riding Battenkill for fun this year. It might encourage him to regain some fitness.
In bold is the only thing I agree with. That and he hopes for a whistleblower payoff

Landis is, and will always be, scum.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
And lets not forget what Landis did to LeMond.
Landis is scum.
After Floyd tested positive, LeMond began using it to attack Armstrong. Floyd called LeMond to say he had enough stuff to deal with at the moment and to leave him out of his feud with LA. LeMond then went to the press and lied about Floyd admitting he doped.

LeMond is no saint himself. Even now he, his wife, and Betsy are colluding to smear Lance with allegations of motor use. Yeah, the same thing they claim Lance was doing to them. Lance fessed up. LeMond and Betsy are still lying and they think they are entitled to a medal because of it.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemship View Post
That's a very interesting theory, you maybe right.
That is not a theory. There is a lot people don't know because the narrative has been taken over by Betsy and LeMond's distorting everything to make themselves look like martyrs when they were no different than Armstrong. Both had their own self interested reasons for feuding with Lance and keeping the feud going.

Although Floyd feelings about what happened vary from day to day, his facts don't.

Floyd was blacklisted by the UCI. When Floyd had Vaughters feel out the UCI about hiring him, JV came back with the news that the UCI told him not to hire him. JV then told Floyd that if this ever came up in court he would deny it. What a stand up guy. Of course this is the same guy who made Floyd an offer right before the 2006 Tour and hosted a grovelling for dollars session during the TdF for the rich guys who were hanging around Lance at the time where he assured them that Floyd was clean despite knowing from talking with Floyd that he was doping and intended to continue doing what was necessary to win, even after hiring on with Slipstream. Just last year one of those in that session bumped into Floyd and they had a laugh about what Vaughters knew and what he said.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
After Floyd tested positive, LeMond began using it to attack Armstrong. Floyd called LeMond to say he had enough stuff to deal with at the moment and to leave him out of his feud with LA. LeMond then went to the press and lied about Floyd admitting he doped.

LeMond is no saint himself. Even now he, his wife, and Betsy are colluding to smear Lance with allegations of motor use. Yeah, the same thing they claim Lance was doing to them. Lance fessed up. LeMond and Betsy are still lying and they think they are entitled to a medal because of it.
I was referring to this:
LeMond said he was perplexed at first, but that changed to concern when the caller made direct references to the conversation about sexual abuse that he had with Landis last August.“He said ‘Hi Greg, this is your uncle. This is your uncle Ron and I’m going to be there tomorrow,’” LeMond recalled. “I said, ‘Who is this?’ He said, ‘I’m going to be there and we can talk about how we used to hide your weenie.’ I got the picture right away that there are very few people who know about that. I figured this was intimidation.”
Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2007/05/news...ubcYHiHbbiu.99
Landis is scum.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
I was referring to this:

Landis is scum.
And that is the same way Floyd felt about LeMond when LeMond lied about what Floyd said in order to inject himself into the case.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:28 AM

I have no luv for LeMond either.
(and I don't hate LA)
Old 01-20-2017, 11:50 AM

I was looking for a vhs to do some taping yesterday, pulled out one of the 2008 tdf, seeing Landis constantly, too gross to keep on watching, good to tape over. Got to thinking my most hated cheats must be Landis & Contador, as they were both caught and had the title taken away while current "winners".