Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2012, 10:11 PM

What did you find out?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Campy Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
What did you find out?
I had an EKG done and it came out normal..they ran a few other tests and it they came out negative as well. The doctor guess a bit o A-Fib but he really wasn't sure. I have been riding constantly and my HR seems to stay high. Also, I tried three different HR straps and all read the same numbers each ride so it's definitely not an equipment issue. I will let you guys know if I find out anything else.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Were they not able to duplicate what you're seeing while riding, or did they duplicate it, but say that it was "normal" and nothing to worry about?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Not a leaper

I had a high heart rate symptom a few years ago. What was initially diagnosed as hyperthyroidism turned out to be thyroiditus.

It was weird to look down at my HRM and see a number that was about 15 bpm higher than it should be including a max of 203.. which was very disconcerting.

I had a few other symptoms at the time to include a high resting heart rate, shaky hands, mild insomnia, and it accelerated my weight loss.. about 30 needed pounds total.

Within a couple weeks of after the radioactive uptake test to confirm the diagnosis... it all went away by itself. If I had rushed into a treatment for the original diagnosis, I might be missing my thyroid right now. It was one time where my indecision worked out pretty damn well.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedNotBroken View Post
I had an EKG done and it came out normal..they ran a few other tests and it they came out negative as well. The doctor guess a bit o A-Fib but he really wasn't sure. I have been riding constantly and my HR seems to stay high. Also, I tried three different HR straps and all read the same numbers each ride so it's definitely not an equipment issue. I will let you guys know if I find out anything else.
Was the ekg done while stressed?