Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 03:29 PM

They're pretty popular in the UK. They're probably not bad VFM compared to the competition, I like the simple no-nonsense approach. Guess that helps keep the costs down. Certainly not what you'd call "artisan" anyhow!

What new models are coming out in April?
Old 03-26-2017, 03:46 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiretrax View Post
Congratulations on a great showing at NAHBS. I've been an admirer of Engima for many years and have wanted to get one shipped here when I was looking for a bike. I'm glad to find out it's now possible, but the stable is full and till is empty (with two in college for the next four years). Hopefully, I'll be ready to get a full custom job soon. Love the interpretation of the Gulf livery, too.

Thanks. NAHBS was crazy huge. Was hoping we'd win something but of course it's never a lock. Really surprised we took home the Presidents Choice Award. And really surprised how close we came on some other bikes. Always next year. But for a first time being there, Wow!

I get you about kids in school. I have one getting ready for college and still have two little ones I have to pay for their schooling. So I know what you're going thru.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
They're pretty popular in the UK. They're probably not bad VFM compared to the competition, I like the simple no-nonsense approach. Guess that helps keep the costs down. Certainly not what you'd call "artisan" anyhow!

What new models are coming out in April?

Well, we are not like what Peacock Groove did to the Prince bike that's for sure. But things like the American Jack frame and the Exemplar could be considered artisan.

Yeah, we have a great following in the UK and Europe in general. While we don't have a ton of bikes in the states, everyone loves them and the feedback has been wonderful.

With regards to the new models, we have a few coming out. We have a new Excel Disc, the Echelon, Escape and a couple others. The Echelon is totally new and made in the UK. It will sit below the Excel. The Excel Disc is a reworking of the original Excel Disc- new dropouts and more. The Escape is a reworking of the Ecroix- new dropouts and more. We are also working on some new finishes for paint and titanium. We showed some of the new titanium finishes at NAHBS- new ti anodizing colors and new patterns/designs for ti anodized frames.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Well, we are not like what Peacock Groove did to the Prince bike that's for sure. But things like the American Jack frame and the Exemplar could be considered artisan.

Yeah, we have a great following in the UK and Europe in general. While we don't have a ton of bikes in the states, everyone loves them and the feedback has been wonderful.

With regards to the new models, we have a few coming out. We have a new Excel Disc, the Echelon, Escape and a couple others. The Echelon is totally new and made in the UK. It will sit below the Excel. The Excel Disc is a reworking of the original Excel Disc- new dropouts and more. The Escape is a reworking of the Ecroix- new dropouts and more. We are also working on some new finishes for paint and titanium. We showed some of the new titanium finishes at NAHBS- new ti anodizing colors and new patterns/designs for ti anodized frames.
I look forward to seeing those, and hoping there'll be some last season Ecroix frames at a good sale price ;-)

Also, something that I think needs correcting on the geometry tables. BB height should be changed to BB drop IMO.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroon View Post
I look forward to seeing those, and hoping there'll be some last season Ecroix frames at a good sale price ;-)

Also, something that I think needs correcting on the geometry tables. BB height should be changed to BB drop IMO.

For the first part, I know we don't have many left. None of the Ecroix Steel built up. But you could always email us and ask. We had hoped to have the Echelon to show at NAHBS but we weren't able too. But we did have the Excel Disc there with the new ti anodizing.

For the BB Height/Drop, yeah, i mentioned it. As well as a couple other little tweaks. But overall the website is fine. Very informative and answers most of the questions people have.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Vendor

Here are some more pictures.

This is our Enigma Elite HSS frameset we made for NAHBS. This we joking called our 'American Jack' bike. One of our painters, Dave came up with the idea. He had the idea of an Evel Knievel inspired paint scheme. It is all done with paint, no decals. There is almost 3 months of work in this paint job. And it uses REAL 24t Gold Leaf. It was entered into the Best Finish category and made the final four there.

It was built up, painted specifically to show off what we can do. We'd never done something like this before, the paint or the gold leaf. And Dave is actually self-taught. So it's some pretty impressive work. The cost for this was about $3000 wholesale!!, just for the paint job! Crazy expensive. But we wanted to see if we could do it. This frameset is heading back to the UK for display.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0685.jpg (74.9 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0700.jpg (88.4 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0711.jpg (74.9 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0712.jpg (83.9 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0713.jpg (67.6 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0719.jpg (65.8 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0722.jpg (61.2 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0721.jpg (81.1 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0720.jpg (71.2 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0662.jpg (54.3 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0649.jpg (63.1 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0645.jpg (85.7 KB, 228 views)
Old 03-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Lanterne rouge

^^^^^^stunning^^^^^^^.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicli View Post
^^^^^^stunning^^^^^^^.
Well said and I agree.

Aside from a well done Landshark I don't typically appreciate over-the-top paint schemes, but I absolutely love this. I've got the Enigma website open in another window ready for perusal.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Well said and I agree.

Aside from a well done Landshark I don't typically appreciate over-the-top paint schemes, but I absolutely love this. I've got the Enigma website open in another window ready for perusal.
Thanks to you and Cicli for the compliments. Dave really out did himself with this. It was all him and his idea and design. He was told to go for it and he absolutely did.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:19 PM

Great stuff! I think I came across enigma while searching around the web sometime last year. Awesome work and glad to see they are now available in the states. Those are all some primo looking machines
Old 03-26-2017, 09:02 PM

I would feel and look like a complete jackass riding that thing but boy do I want it.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:09 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopperny View Post
Great stuff! I think I came across enigma while searching around the web sometime last year. Awesome work and glad to see they are now available in the states. Those are all some primo looking machines

Thanks. I did all the builds i'm showing, but the guys in the UK deserve all the props for the fab and finishes.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
I would feel and look like a complete jackass riding that thing but boy do I want it.
LOL!!!! Funny but you aren't the only one who said that. That was a super common response at NAHBS. But it was really just to show off what they could do more than anything.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
LOL!!!! Funny but you aren't the only one who said that. That was a super common response at NAHBS. But it was really just to show off what they could do more than anything.
That's what makes it such a great show bike. Love it
Old 03-26-2017, 09:24 PM
Vendor

Oh I gotcha. And it was a show bike for sure. Oddly, this was tame compared to some of the bikes at NAHBS. I mean, I felt underdressed compared to things from Shamrock and Peacock Groove.