Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Not trying to rub anything in..these are getting scarce so..today.

GSW'S' 4 Motion. Nice discounts, cost what my buy back is plus about $500.

Good on Gebhardt VW
Glad you worked it out.

I've changed course and I'm now heading in CDR's direction. Not the same destination.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:08 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhd View Post
Glad you worked it out.

I've changed course and I'm now heading in CDR's direction. Not the same destination.
Bottom line was the 'car buying' experience is still kinda a PITA, I think for any car. Various emails and such with pricing, and to my surprise, the salesguy matched the lowest he and I saw locally without any conversation. This was one of only 4 $ Motions he had, only red one.

Also, while leaving, big car carrying truck in the lot picking up turned in TDIs..I saw 6 of them. Salesguy said they were going to a lot in Denver..destination or what happens to them unknown. He also said to swap out the full sized spare in the TDI for the small one.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:45 AM

Part of me finds this pretty funny. The owners heart is in the right place

http://jalopnik.com/this-vw-diesel-o...y-s-1790289804

My saga is over Dec 30. Picking up my new ride this week

Old 12-20-2016, 07:55 AM
but not really

those tires still have a lot of tread left. He didn't try hard enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
Part of me finds this pretty funny. The owners heart is in the right place

http://jalopnik.com/this-vw-diesel-o...y-s-1790289804

My saga is over Dec 30. Picking up my new ride this week

Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 AM
Administrator

i'm an outsider looking in, but have long been a german car fan, and still own and drive a Jetta regularly. when we bought our Jetta i looked hard at the TDIs but they just made no sense for us over a base model gasser, so that's what we bought.

stripping a car to that degree before turn in seems immature at best to me. i think it shows poor form IMO.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 AM

Darn it, some last minute kid logistics last night & this morning meant that I drove my JSW for the first time in a month or so....man am I going to miss that car. In all aspects other than immediate creature comforts, I am looking forward to my 12/27 buyback with no reservations, but the JSW with 6MT is nice. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 08:02 AM

I have dibs on the shifter knob

Mildly curious to see how this plays out

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fat man View Post
those tires still have a lot of tread left. He didn't try hard enough.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:08 AM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
i think it shows poor form IMO.
You know what shows poor form?

I have confirmation of my submitted documents going back to 10/27.

Still nothing.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:08 AM

With the settlement terms, even if I try I find a hard time coming up with a justification for being indignant. It's not like we have been offered scrap value and are forced to sell the car. For a lifelong car guy like me, the chance to buy a new car, drive the hell out of it a couple years and then have it bought back for this much is unheard of. Well, for older cars, Eurotrash niche cars and the kind of stuff I like, it's actually sort of normal, but I had resolved to remain upside down in my VW investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiataccompli View Post
It's not like we have been offered scrap value and are forced to sell the car. For a lifelong car guy like me, the chance to buy a new car, drive the hell out of it a couple years and then have it bought back for this much is unheard of.
exactly my thoughts.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergott View Post
You know what shows poor form?

I have confirmation of my submitted documents going back to 10/27.

Still nothing.
Serious question: Aside from the angst over the whole situation, and the aggravation over the apparent disorganization, why is this a big deal? you still get to drive the car you purchased, with the benefit of the same fuel economy and performance as the car you bargained for. it's not as if you have to park the car until VW settles with you right?

not trying to be argumentative, just wondering why the frustration level is so high?
Old 12-20-2016, 08:19 AM
ergottWheels

Quote:
Serious question: Aside from the angst over the whole situation, and the aggravation over the apparent disorganization, why is this a big deal? you still get to drive the car you purchased, with the benefit of the same fuel economy and performance as the car you bargained for. it's not as if you have to park the car until VW settles with you right?

not trying to be argumentative, just wondering why the frustration level is so high?
It frustrating to watch everyone fly through the process with relative ease and have a company completely ignore you. There is no way to get any updated information on my claim. I just get told "next week" over and over again.

Meanwhile, I have an oil change due, a slow leak in one of the tires and other maintenance coming up I'd rather not pay for when I don't know the end game.

I don't know if there's something wrong with my documents that's holding things up.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:22 AM

Totaling it,HPFP failure or continuing to pay the note when you can get into something else for much less

Quote:

Old 12-20-2016, 08:42 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

not trying to be argumentative, ?
My buy back journey went very smoothly..uploaded the documents(with one small hic-up by me..Wife was co owner, they needed her driver's license), then signed, notarized, uploaded, got approval and now have a date.

Not a big deal to me, drove 58k in 3.5 years and got a new car for the buy back $ they gave me(less $500).

VW could have said, oh, sorry, your car is worth whatever you can get for it on the open market, can't register? Oh well..OBTW- we are out of the US market..sorry..but I think they did the right thing after getting caught.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...uy-back.263907

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...wsuit/12859865

For Ergott..I got an email saying what was wrong, went online and they told me. Something is amiss. I don't know what it is but.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:20 AM
'97 Ti Legend

OK, that post about stripping down the car got me thinking. I have a 2013 Jetta Sportwagon with the gasoline engine, and we were trying to save when we bought the car, so my tires are on cheap steelies with hubcaps. When I put on my winter tires, I realized my regular tires were pretty worn, and I would need to replace them come the spring (around 40K). There would be no problem (legally or ethically) to incentivize someone about to trade in a TDI wagon to swap a fairly new set of alloy rims with newish tires and have them return their car with my crappy steelies with worn tires, right? Not against the rules?

My second question is, anyone within a few hours of Central PA want to make a couple hundred bucks?

Tags
autoscam, boring threads