Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-16-2024, 03:07 PM

Sucks but glad you prevailed.....reminds me of a ride about 6mo mo ago where very similar series of mishaps occurred that left me calling an uber. That prompted me to go through all my on-board tools/kit and I found all kinds of stuff missing I hadn't remembered to replace. It's a good reminder to take a look!
Old 05-17-2024, 10:18 AM

I'm all-in on ToPeak quick-clip saddle packs. I can swap them to whichever bike I am rolling out on and know I'm pretty well covered. I obsessively buy and horde tools, so I don't have to worry about scavenging a pack and forgetting- instead I agonize over which redundant or overlapping tools to include.

I have the large wedge pack for general road and gravel riding with a small bottle of sealant, tire boot, multi-tool, 2 large CO2 carts, plug kit, WolfTooth chain plyers with links for 10- and 11-speed, spare tube, inflator, GreaseMonkey wipes, spare eTap battery, spare CR2032 battery, and a kitchen sink.

I have a micro wedge pack for race day with sealant, micro plug/inflator/valve tool, small CO2 cart, Tubolito, micro multitool, Granite nylon tire levers that double as chain plyers and hold links.

I just picked up their MondoPack Hydro for a century I hope to do later in the season, with room for even more tools, a rain jacket, snacks, and an extra water bottle.

I have a couple of their other packs set up for mountain biking, one of which came pre-loaded with a fairly complete - if heavy - tool kit.