Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2024, 09:29 AM

Absolutely stunning build and a great articulate build process report ,love that Wilier style finish .Barco are a hidden gem ,as commented on above they do Cinelli and over here in the UK they do Masons gravel range and Condor Cycles steel range .I suspect despite some comments about what they offer in fabrication terms that Barco is a ‘one stop’ shop ,tig/fillet/lugs maybe Ti.The photos of the workshop in this thread and shots in others and on their very good instagram feed show a very substantial shop .With regards price I think with all the custom work that’s fine ,XCR just as a set of tubes is eye watering expensive and significantly more than the next tube set down the range
Old 02-14-2024, 05:33 PM

That is a fantastic looking bike. How well does 10 speed crankset work with the 11 speed groupset?
Old 02-14-2024, 05:51 PM

Wow, how did I miss all of this until now? That is a great looking bike! I hope it rides as good as it looks.
Thanks for your great write-up and photos, too. Love these kind of reports.
Well done!
Old 02-15-2024, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post
Wow, how did I miss all of this until now? <snip>
I know, right! I feel like I spend half my waking time on Paceline and I missed this too.

I love, love, love this bike. Especially the chromovelato orange finish.

I hope the snow leaves soon so you can take this out for a spin!
Old 05-13-2024, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_velo View Post
That is a fantastic looking bike. How well does 10 speed crankset work with the 11 speed groupset?
Wish I could have told you earlier but had snow here just two weeks ago so the bike has been sitting in the packaging until yesterday evening when I noticed today would be sunny and +23c, perfect day for the first bike ride of the year!

Packed it up yesterday evening and took it for a quick spin around the block and unfortunately it made some not so pleasant noises on the higher side of the cassette and wouldn't shift into the largest sprocket.

My first instinct was that the deraileur hanger had been bent in shipping. Pulled out the dag tool and noticed a slight misalignment, corrected it and it still made noises and wouldn't make the shift.

Between taking care of a little baby, work and 3 other bikes currently in, ehr, project mode I threw in the towel on adjusting the indexing since it was getting past midnight.

Took the bike to my trusted lbs to fix it and to true the wheels earlier today. Despite his workshop being full and having just rejected a customer before me he decided to take it in, and seeing as it was so nice looking and shiny he didn't want to crowd it in the workshop but rather he placed it majestically in one if the showcase spaces of his tiny store

Shoutout to Richard @ Cycling in Stockholm, undoubtedly the best mechanic in town.