Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsocks View Post
I dont see what the Problem with this Helmet is.

Most of the Condoms sold in the US are made in China, so whats the big deal with this helmet? We trust the Chinese to make Helmets for our Little heads...but its not okay if they make them for our Big Heads? Come on. I see a massive Hypocrisy here.
I'm temporarily working in China (Shanghai) so I've got a little perspective on this. Chinese "fakes" aren't all the same. In the best case, a "fake" is made in the same factory as the real item, with the same material. In this case, the subcontracted manufacturer simply makes more of an item than he is supposed to and smuggles it out the door for sale through unauthorized channels. In the worst case, some factory decides to duplicate the appearance of a "real" thing and doesn't care about the internals. There are also manufacturers who will straddle the middle, duplicate appearance and with decent quality inside. Price is really the only indicator and you never know what you get until you see it. Here in Shanghai the price range for a fake Rolex is $10-100 USD. The $10 might last a week or so while the $100 should last for many years. My wife has a two year old one (cost $40) that works just fine. The high quality fake looks and feels pretty good and without taking it apart, it's pretty hard to tell. From a foot away it looks perfect (at least to me but then I'm an Omega guy).

What surprises me is that there is no one in China has counterfitted certification stickers. Or maybe there is...