Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 09:02 PM

Help! Shimergo question

Hi all,

First of all. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Second of all, I am trying to run a SRAM PG 1030 10-speed Cassette on Sun Ringlé Dirty Flea hubs with a very odd spline pattern that I have never seen before. It's not campy-specific and doesn't seem to be shimano-specific either. The splines seem to be thinner than normal and they are all the same size and spaced the same.

To add to the confusion, I am trying to run my campy 10s derailleur and centaur ergoshifters with the setup. I got 6 0.3mm spacers and an extra long (deep) lockring from Wheels Manufacturing to engage more of the threads hoping to make the spacing work. When I was putting it together I realized that there was a lot of play in the cogs (like they weren't fitting on snugly) and the smallest cog didn't fit on the freehub body at all!

Is there a way to make this work? Do I need to buy a specific type of 10s SRAM or shimano cassette that is specifically designed for these splines? Can I get a campagnolo 10s cassette that will work with this spline pattern? Am I putting the 0.3mm spacers on incorrectly? I already have the campy 10s derailleur and shifters so I really would like to find a way to make this work.

If anyone has experience with this, your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks for the help.
Paul