Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2022, 01:12 PM

Specialized Mirror saddles - How are they shaped compared to normal versions?

Looking at images of the Spec Mirror saddles on their site, they look to be shaped slightly differently to the normal foam padded versions. Am I imagining things? The Romin looks a little bit flatter at the rear with less side to side roll than the foam padded version. Is this something that disappears once you sit on the Mirror saddle and compress the 3D webbing? Or are they subtly shaped differently?

Has anyone ridden the Mirror saddles and the normal S-Works or Pro versions and can compare?

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2022, 03:29 PM
Deconditioned!

I have the Power saddle with Mirror on two bikes. I don't know that they are necessarily shaped differently from the normal Power saddles.

Though I will say, before the Mirror saddle, I was on the Power Arc (not available in Mirror). I didn't totally gel with Power saddle...the Arc model fits me better. In the Mirror version of the Power, I'm fine with the shape. I think this has to do with the Mirror padding over the foam version.

So...maybe this helps, or just muddies the water.

I will definitively say this: if the shape works for you, a Mirror saddle is awesome. They are so so so comfy on the derriere.