View Single Post
Old 10-15-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamoots58 View Post
As we begin to roll into colder weather, I am finding myself having to jump on the trainer to get any kind of work in when weather is uncooperative. I've had the same K Kinetics 'dumb' trainer for a number of years. I really hate the trainer, it is just a monotonous grind. Wondering if anyone who felt the same way, is now happier having moved to one of the smart trainers. Cost of admission looks to be around $1000, not nothing, especially if it is not likely to change my thoughts vis-a-vis riding indoors in a meaningful way. I have read a number of reviews and while they describe features well, and describe their relative ability to convert 'road feel', but most don't really seem to convey (at least to me) whether they improve the indoor experience, or not. Thank you in advance!!!
If you’ve got a computer, a dumb trainer, and some sensors, I’d suggest zwift. It’s worth the $10/mo to give you something better than watching movies to do while on the trainer. I just started using it a few weeks ago and while it’s not giving me meaningful training(yet) it at least removes some of the monotony.

I haven’t looked at it’s structured workout plans yet to determine if it will replace trainerroad as my go to actual training software.