View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 09:59 AM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemoryl View Post
Aside from the dangers posed to us as cyclists, people's relationship with their phones is approaching pathological.
Yes agree. And the pathology is both expansive and self validating and self sustaining across all other users that fall prey to its addiction. An entire society of nimrods talking or texting senseless s--t to an equal number of nimrods talking or texting senseless s--t in response. Who among us has not walked behind someone on the street overhearing 1/2 of a mindless conversation. Sure, it is mindlessly senseless stupid s--t until the guy walking down the street talking into his smartphone is YOU!

It it ALL senseless, mindless, stupid s--t. I once gave a guy a side-eye glance at some guy's smartphone conversation on a commuter train and had the guy retort "I'm working on a very important deal". I replied that "Any deal you can talk about in public and at the top of your lungs isn't important".

That smartphone dumbs down society by making people their own epicenter of their own pointless, banal and mundane lives. I want nothing to do with that kinda crowd.