View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti Designs View Post
I watched the "Elements of Style" video - this is the time of year I look at what others are doing for coaching and training. I'm always looking for new ideas, I borrow what I think is good from other programs. Allow me to define "good" here, because my definition is far from universal:

Good (describing an off season training plan or a part of one):

Ed's definition: An element which offers improvement

The more common definition: A hard workout

The other common definition: Anything involving Rapha wearing pro cyclists

I'll never understand why 99.9% will go for the two common definitions and never stop to ask where the improvements come in. It's also somewhat depressing to know that most people will never know the difference between the Sufferfest video and what I teach, so here's a little comparison:

Sufferfest, the Elements of Style: You already know how to ride a bike, we're going to give you areas to concentrate on. Watch this video and you'll be as stylish as the riders in it - and thin too!

Ed's coaching: You don't know how to pedal a bike - you know how to balance a bike and you're borrowing a skill set from walking. Slow it down to a halt, break the pedal stroke down to segments, work muscle group by muscle group until you can put it back together in an efficient sequence. No Rapha needed.

My trainer set-up video and the first week of my pedal stroke class instruction video will show up to preview here shortly. If nothing else, the Sufferfest video got my ass in gear..
+1 on the difference. And thank you for your previous generosity here -- looking forward to the pedal stroke classes!