View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobswire View Post
A bike is but a tool. Depends on what your own desires are. Nothing the matter with Habaneros other than it's not a designer label. I like the Hab cx version for an all rounder plus $2000-3000 is a lot of money to pay extra for a label.
Though I've owned a few labels,Merlin, Moots, Seven,Cinelli,Serotta's etc to name a few and liked them all besides when you come right down to it the placebo effect cannot be discounted.
Right now my main ride is a Soma Stanyan, I would put the ride quality and feel of it against any bike I've owned but then again that is subjective and my needs are minimalistic and simple.
I'm at that part of my life I've pretty much fulfilled all my bucket list so take anything I say with a grain of salt.
+1. Nothing wrong with a Moots or a Firefly. Aesthetically, they are top notch and I would love to own either. But I agree that there is not a world of difference when riding one decent bike vs. another. Ride quality is subjective and fit/wheels/tires/saddle make a bigger difference than the frame or how beautiful the welds are. One man's noodle is another man's cloud. When you take away the price and brand cache, I suspect our preferences would be all over the place.

That being said, I appreciate aesthetics/heritage/craftsmanship and don't mind paying for those when the $ and desire are there.