View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:30 AM

Wow, their website doesnt say anything.

The problem i been seeing for a while is that the market is slow and way too many builders in the country kind'a make the situation worse. So make a living outta building bikes is tough, unless you really want to do it because you like it and you don't care that much about money, but at some point money is an issue even if you are super altruist. Hope he is not closing the shop because if a health problem.

Many builders could make some money just repairing frames but doesn't look like an option for many of them at least here in the US. Where i'm from many of the income for the few builders came from frame repairs, lastly the asian invasion ended up killing the whole industry of master builders because was cheaper get an asian frame that was going to end up in the trash anyways than get built a good frame that could cost you 4 times more, specially if you were sponsor the races yourself. Met with one of the builders like 4 years ago and he had not touched his equipment in 10 years, carbon and aluminum took over.

As I said before, hope steelman is not closing the shop for health reasons, sad he is out tho.