Thread: Manga & Bikes
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:40 PM

I realize I'm a rare minority on here but I actually do watch anime (and on very rare occasions read manga). To me it's no different than watching TV. A lot of it is unrealistic but so is most of TV and movies...it's just a different form of media...I'd also make the same argument about video games.

For the record I have a girlfriend of 6 years who's alive, not a pillow and attractive too. Likely you know people who watch anime but there's just a very negative attitude about it. If you met me in real life you'd never know I was into this stuff.

Also, at no point did I take any offense to the posts above. I only "came out" to add to the discussion from the other point of view:

This is what I came to post though...I watched this a few years ago and found it to be enjoyable and actually got me excited to bike just as much as watching the tour did this year:
http://www.animeshinobi.com/over-drive.html

I doubt anybody on here is open to watching it but I'll probably give it another watch through this winter on the trainer/rollers as a means to keep things interesting...I try to watch cycling related stuff for motivation.