View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM
This space left blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookmyers View Post
I really dont know. This is my first Campy machine and coming from Di2 it feels strange that it takes such an effort to shift such a high end group.

I have had the front shifter lock up until i played with it enough, i've dropped the chain on a big ring to small ring shift and i have noises that i dont think i should.

One shop told me my shifter needs to be rebuilt but dont know how accurate that is being that it is 11 speed. I have read that they aren't serviceable....or at least not as serviceable as the 10 speed ones.

My apologies for any inaccurate things i am stating....and thank you for the help.
If the group is new at all, it's extremely unlikely the shifter needs replacing/rebuilding. More likely is cable friction due to routing or if you possibly a fraying cable inside the hood (more common on RD's due to the number of shifts).

The FD sounds like it just needs to have the stop screws checked and the height of the cage to large ring clearance verified. If this is a compact (34/50), it's my experience that they are fussier about dropping the chain when cross chained to start with. I'm a believer in a chain watcher.