View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:34 PM
You still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyTirando View Post
I just got an email about that today. I have an "X" on one of my bikes and I 'think' I like it. There are some things I don't, though: my wife, eyeing it leaned up against the bookshelves, thinks it looks less classy than, say, the Specialized Phenom on the Pinarello. And I think the rails look and feel a little cheap compared to chromoly or Ti. And the damned thing is heavy.

But the copy in the email seems to indicate they're dealing with this: the stainless tubing in the new version purportely saves 150g, and the construction is 'modular,' which they say means you can replace a worn-out top on your own. The back part of the underframe(?) is cast aluminum. The pictures show a much prettier saddle than their old one, top and bottom. I'm intrigued.

Curious about a company called "Rivet." I clicked a link to them while researching handlebars on the Lovely Bicycle blog, was taken to a fancy website selling what looks to be a blatant knockoff of the anatomica. Meanwhile, SA seems to be a nice company: I had a question about my saddle a couple months ago, emailed them, and got a lovely reply from the owner of the company. Classy.
Not a knockoff, exactly. IIRC the woman that makes the Rivet was the partner of the originator of the Sella Anatomica. When he died there were legal issues with his estate because they weren't married. The rights to the SA went to the current manufactures and the partner went on to develop the Rivet which supposedly was the planned improvement to his original saddle prior to his death.

My wife has the SA on two of her bikes, I've got a Rivet on one of mine. They're both good.