View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Maybe it all depends on where you live and what kind of trees (or no tress) you have over your house.

I have tried to use various guards and wire mesh products to keep the leaves and other trash from stopping up the gutters and down spouts. If I cover the gutters with a guard, then they just stop up with oak tree flower stuff and still stop up, but then can't get to it with a blower. And I have installed commercial size gutters and down spouts around the pool area on back of the house. So just gave up and removed the gutters from rest of house. Just put rock in ground (under the mulch) under the various water run off areas to stop wash out on ground.

For around my house.....I don't think there is a good solution......fortunately I have a flat area over patio where I can easily climb up with a blower and blow them out. I did put an additional 3 foot extension on my blower, so I don't have to get close to roof edge while I'm up there.
I have often toyed with that same idea. In the winter the ice and snow causes back ups and in the fall the leaves accumulate (if there were no gutters wouldnt the snow just slide off the roof).
Are gutters really necessary or was it a great marketing ploy?