View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 07:01 AM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmtong View Post
Will there be Bora Ultra's to complete the dream build? Congratulations!
I will prioritize putting a SRM onto the bike before getting into Boras. I'd take this approach because I value greater control over the work effort put into the ride versus maximizing the speed results gotten out of the bike. Also that I can't/don't want to proliferate bikes, the F8 that this is going on could well end up being a kitchen sink bike just from it being the only one to hang baubles on.

But I won't proceed with either the SRM or the Boras until I know I can dial in the fit & position on this stock frame after riding custom geometries for the last 10 years. That's always the worry 'cos a racebike will get minimum sized right to the limit of hitting the numbers I need but until I put miles on the frame I can't know where the unique fit & position balance point in that frame will be. Getting it wrong, as far as buying the right size frame, can be a very expensive mistake.

But I think I know what I'm doing and soon I'll get to find out if I am right.

Quote:
And, congratulations on the leap to electrons. It's one of those things no one needs, but once gotten, hard to imagine going back. Campagnolo electric feels so much nicer than shimano electric. I like the familiar feeling they built into the shifting.
Didn't know you had already crossed the electron divide. Other than a preconceived philosophical aversion to battery shifting on a bike, what's not to like?