View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 07:36 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by choke View Post
I'm hesitant to write this as I don't want to be dissing on anyone's bike....

At NAHBS in Denver, as I walked through the CK booth my path took me by a Cielo frame on display, going past from back to front. Glancing at it, I had to make a sudden stop, back up and do a double take. My fleeting impression was correct...the welds where the seatstays connected to the seat tube were easily some of the most unattractive that I had ever seen on a high end frame. I wish that I had taken a pic but I didn't.

A couple of years later I was at NAHBS Sacramento and I made it a point to check out that same area on the Cielos present there. While they didn't look as bad as the one I saw in Denver I can't say they looked all that great to me.

Maybe those were the exception rather than the rule, but given that they were display bikes I was very unimpressed.
I can only comment on the one my friend has, he bought it from someone here in the forum. Black and pink and looks great, I did not pay close attention the welds but a quick look over they looked fine to me (I will see the bike again this weekend, I will take a closer look)