View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:41 AM

Here is an update if anyone was curious

After waiting in vain for a FD-CE011 to be shipped I decided to make one myself (starting from a small bracket).
It probably turned out a bit smaller than the original but still it pushed the cable out enough for it to just touch the outer pivot rather than bend over, so I am sure it made some improvement.

But more important, I discovered I had a huge mess with the inline barrel adjuster. Looking in the cable set and FD manuals, I saw no mention of it. So I just copied the position Shimano barrel used on my other bike: knurled part towards handlebars and no extra ferrule. Seemed to work...

Recently I looked again at the YT Campy video and realized I was only paying attention to the tuning section and not the first, where the Campy barrel is explained: knurled end towards frame, with ferrule added.

I took the thing apart and housing end missing the ferrule was destroyed with long loose strands and looking like it was "cut" with a rock. Wow.

Shortened the damaged outer, put it back together with the barrel in the proper spot plus ferrule, added the washer and the performance is truly excellent. Shifts up faster and with less effort, drops to small from the first click.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg washer.jpg (65.0 KB, 90 views)