View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
That is interesting. What's the usual for small builders? If a lugged steel bike is going to have issues, will they usually show themselves early? I guess I'd be more concerned on a tig'd dbl-butted ti frame, but that may be my own naivete...
Again, just my own experience, but neither Roland nor Paul (nor Eric for that matter) really discussed a specific warranty period with me, but they're definitely the "make it right" kinda types.

A buddy saw a barely noticeable, super tiny ding just above the rear brake cable guide on the top tube. Really can't even see it outside very specific lighting. I dropped Paul a note about it, he asked me to bring the bike to the local swap meet he'd be at in a couple weeks. Took a look at it, identified it immediately, and said if it developed into something I was unhappy with he'd replace it if need be. (The dimple was caused by a small block used to hold the tubing that he had since replaced.)

Probbaly worth asking about, but if you get the sense he's someone who won't make it right, another reason to hit the bricks. A lot of really solid, dependable, good builders out there, that that kind of drama is completely unnecessary.