View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk87 View Post
Different strokes, I guess. Call it want you want, but the entertainment value of the NBA playoffs has been awful this year. It's the worst year that I can recall. Blowouts, more blowouts, mostly snoozers, save for a couple of isolated games. It's all predictably funneled to Cavs v. Warriors anyway, so the 2 great games were irrelevant. Folks can canonize the Cavs & W's all day, and say that they are great teams - OK fine - but who likes watching 40 point beatings?

The NHL playoffs have been much better this season, at least in the East. Hard fought games for the most part, with some unpredictability involved. Nashville seems to be the best team in the league right now - and yet they are down 2-0 to a beaten up Penguins team that has been eking by somehow, looking like the lesser of each team in the last 2 series but somehow winning.

I'm not a baseball fan, but the Cubs winning the World Series last year? Are you kidding me? How crazy was that?

The NFL has some challenges right now (general fatigue of the Patriots dynasty for one), but it's still the big dog in terms of pro sports leagues. The NBA has issues.

I agree it's been kind of boring but it is what it is. I'm glad the Warriors are getting the chance to make up after last years loss.

I am a big Hockey fan. Sad the Bluejackets and my Rangers didn't make it in the finals. Would've loved that.

Cubs and Indians last year??? HOLY WOW was that insane! I used to live in Chicago and like the Indians. So it was tough who to root for with that one. I had gone to the All Star game when it was here as well as the playoffs and World Series here. It was really cool. Too cold tho. They need to cut down the season by 10 games or so.