View Single Post
Old 04-13-2024, 02:02 PM

Of course you learn a lot when you take the bike off the stand. The weather has not cooperated for a real ride, but testing on my driveway and cul de sac let's just say it ain't perfect.

The rear shifting if fine, if a bit slower, the front is a different animal. I had to adjust the FD limit to keep the chain from overthrowing to the outside - that wasn't too bad.

The main issue is going from the large to small ring - with the rear in the 5 innermost cogs, the shift is spot on. After that, the chain has a tendency to land in between the chainrings. This could be due to a few things:

1. First issue I had was the stone chainrings I ordered came as 48/33 or 46/32. Neither 33 nor 32 will work with my crankset - the tabs get in the way and I'm not about to grind down a claviclua se.
I tried the 48 with a praxis buzz (11sp) 34 and it worked but the chain being caught in the middle was more prevalent. I switched to 50/34 praxis buzz and that's better for now.
I did order a 50/34 stone set so I can try it with their rings and see if it's better, as I'd like to run 48/34 - it's closer to the (stupid) 13 tooth gap recommended by sram. Given the shifting improved when I went to the same brand ring, it could have something to do with spacing as it improved when I switched to the buzz set, even w/ the 16 tooth gap.
For now it's fine - the way I ride I don't switch from the large to smaller ring outside of what works perfectly (at least for now).

I have to weigh the red crankset, but I believe switching cranks (with my thm) is saving about 220-250g and the difference in cog ratio makes it more efficient for me.

I'll report back when I have more info.