View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTCaraco View Post
I'm in complete agreement that he'll have his iPhone flashlight with him, so this is looking for something MORE.

William and others ~ are the HD versions close enough that it makes no sense to buy the bigger named brands?

One that really strikes me is the Foursevens Mini MKII. This gets rave reviews in a number of places and seems to tick a lot of boxes.

And as for use, I'm definitely imagining this as an emergency-accessory, but cool flashlights seem pretty neat to me, so I'd hope it's not just a glove-compartment-and-forget-it tool. If that's the ultimate fate, then I'd definitely do the HD option.

That seems like a good light, but may be overkill for a glove box/trunk occupier.

What I would EDC on me would be different then what I have for training/use around the house. That said, the one I recommended above I did so because it was low cost, tough, very bright, and dependable. I, as well as many of my students, have used these for a couple of years now and none of us have had any issues with them. I use it around the house as well and I can even see very far back into the woods across my property at night with it.

For an EDC light I want one that is bright to blind, but also metal. Rubber is being too nice if you have to use it for impact purposes.

William